Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rider
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you that have them in the 111 / 116 have a few questions. My set up is as follows : 2018 Vintage with Decatted heapipie, Lloyd’s air intake, Indian stage 2 cams, PCVX and a Craig B tune and finally Vance and Hines turndowns that I have a love hate relationship with.
1. Any issues running these with a decatted stock headpipe ? No noticeable loss of power ect?
2. Did it eliminate the cold start pinging / tinny sounds?
3. Any issues with riding two up and loudness level? My better half done at want to have to put in ear plugs.

Marcus thank you for tour video I have watched it and may others in YouTube and via the search function here.

·
Rider
1,263 Posts
I have the 4” RCX on my 2016 Vintage. Love the sound, fairly loud, but deep.
1. No issues with decatted pipe, I have the xpipe.
2. No cold start pinging /tinny sounds.
3. Don’t ride two up, so can’t help you there.
These are the best sounding pipes I’ve had on my Vintage. Hope this helps. 962D3122-AEB5-4677-941D-55EEF9CBEED6.jpeg

·
Rider
661 Posts
I love em...running Lloyd’s AC and stage 2 OEM cams as well as a Dyno/Tune from FuelMoto and the PVCX. Im running the FuelMoto Jackpot header. My wife doesn’t need earplugs due to the loudness but thy are deep and a nice rumble. Not a tinny sound at all. There’s a vid of mine somewhere on YouTube that FuelMoto loaded. I’ll see if I can find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to those who responded I will be purchasing a chrome pair for my Vintage. Now I have to decide on what exhaust tips will look the best.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,984 Posts
I sell the RCX pipes and I have them on my 2016 Springfield. These are the best sounding pipes I have heard so far. If I find better I will sell them. I have been selling a few in recent days and RC components has been delivering in a few days. I can take your order if you want and there are many other dealers as well. In any case they are a great choice. The tips are milled and look great. They offer about 20 choices at no extra charge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts