Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let's open another thread for that, and I will send a sound bite.I can or you can initiate the other thread.
I saw in a picture of AtlChief2017's bike that he has a RB Racing 2-1 pipe. I had one on my Road Glide that I really liked but I found it way to loud. Made me dizzy and people stayed 1/4 mile back. lol

I asked him for a sound bite and impressions and we decided to open a new thread. So... let's hear it! I'm particularly interested since you have the 116. How do you like the engine and the pipe?

Stephen

Reactions: bmx924

·
Registered
99 Posts
The built that I have is the 116 BBK from Indian, VP60mm and the Freedom/Rinehart exhaust combo with a custom map from KMC, and absolutely loved the power. Just recently I replaced the F/R exhaust combo for the RB to get some of the Torque back that I lost, and oh boy did it come back. With the RB system this is like a completely different bike and yes, it is a little louder. I will record a sound bite tomorrow and post it then.

·
Bronze member
2,307 Posts
Had RB Racing on all of my HD's. Quality is very high, as well as performance. They can be a pain in the ass to work with and don't really know the meaning of friendly customer service, but they know exhaust systems.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’ve talked to R&B in the past for the pipes on my RKC. I just bought a 17 Chief and called them about getting a pipe. I was on the phone with him for 20 min. Must have caught him in a good mood.
He said they are still tweeking the pipe. He has a few sets out right now and is waiting for feed back from them. He told me I would be better off to wait a few months till he gets some feedback from the guys with the pipes already installed on their bikes. That kinda floored me, to tell me not to buy his product......yet.
I will say when I had their 2into1 on my HD it did sound incredible. But his pipes come with a hefty price tag.
Hope this helps out in some way.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The built that I have is the 116 BBK from Indian, VP60mm and the Freedom/Rinehart exhaust combo with a custom map from KMC, and absolutely loved the power. Just recently I replaced the F/R exhaust combo for the RB to get some of the Torque back that I lost, and oh boy did it come back. With the RB system this is like a completely different bike and yes, it is a little louder. I will record a sound bite tomorrow and post it then.

I can not wait to hear it and add a few pics Pls.

·
Registered
45 Posts
00-1399
Bagger: 2014 and later Indian Chief Pro Stock Spyder:
1 3/4" Merge Collector; Slash Down
Includes left side saddle bag support (Satin Black);
Four Ceramic Black Heat Shields; Mounting Hardware
Ceramic Dual Coat Black with Black Heat Shields$1,445.00
00-1400
Includes left side saddle bag support (Satin Black):
Four Chrome Heat Shields; Mounting Hardware
Ceramic Dual Coat Black with Chrome Heat Shields$1,445.00
00-1401
Includes left side saddle bag support (Satin Black)
Ceramic Silver with Chrome Heat Shields
$1,370.00
00-1402Cruiser: 2014 and later Indian Chief Pro Stock Spyder:
Four Ceramic Black Heat Shields; Mounting HardwareCeramic Dual Coat Black with Black Heat Shields$1,345.0000-1403Cruiser: 2014 and later Indian Chief Pro Stock Spyder:
Four Chrome Heat Shields; Mounting HardwareCeramic Dual Coat Black with Chrome Heat Shields$1,345.0000-1404Cruiser: 2014 and later Indian Chief Pro Stock Spyder:
Four Chrome Heat Shields; Mounting HardwareCeramic Silver with Chrome Heat Shields$1,270.0000-1010
Indian Chief Flanged & Serrated Exhaust Stud Nuts
8mm x 1.25
One Set 4 pcs. Will Not Loosen with Vibration
$3.95

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My apologies, but how do you upload an audio or video file? The format that I have is either a
.m4a or .mov and the formats are not accepted.
I'm not sure. Might have to just use a link to someplace else instead of the actual file?

Stephen

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, I guess youtube will do, here is the link.

Thanks!

Definitely has a nice deep tone to it. Makes it sound nice and mean. lol

How much louder when you hit it?

Stephen

Reactions: bmx924

·
Registered
57 Posts
00-1399
00-1400
00-1401
$1,370.00
Four Ceramic Black Heat Shields; Mounting HardwareCeramic Dual Coat Black with Black Heat Shields$1,345.0000-1403Cruiser: 2014 and later Indian Chief Pro Stock Spyder:
Four Chrome Heat Shields; Mounting HardwareCeramic Dual Coat Black with Chrome Heat Shields$1,345.0000-1404Cruiser: 2014 and later Indian Chief Pro Stock Spyder:
Four Chrome Heat Shields; Mounting HardwareCeramic Silver with Chrome Heat Shields$1,270.0000-1010
8mm x 1.25
$3.95
00-1399
00-1400
00-1401
$1,370.00
8mm x 1.25
$3.95
How long did it take to get?

·
Registered
99 Posts
actually, while doing my research, I talked with many people about 2-1 exhaust systems and RB Racing. They all told me the same thing, it will take forever to get your pipes, they are really slow and their customer service is really bad. Well, I called them and had a long conversation with them about the pipes, performance, quality etc etc...They also told me that it could take up to a month to fulfill my order. Other people told me you can wait up tp 3 months to get the order.
Anyway, I placed my order on a Wednesday and figured around a month wait time, but to my surprise the next Tuesday they shipped my exhaust. So, it took less than two weeks from order to receiving it at the house.
All I can say, friendly people, great customer service, no complains.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What area did you feel that you lost power in? Did you retune after the new exhaust ? How is the fit and finish ? what finish did you get and is it holding up well?

·
Premium Member
2020 Indian Challenger Limited - Thunder Black Pearl
1,960 Posts
The system came with it.
I'm assuming that you were referring to the OEM stock 02 sensors when you mention the exhaust system came with the threaded bung opening. The WBCX 02 sensors are much (18-mm diameter) larger than the narrow band 02 sensor openings.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.