Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
This could sounds like a dumb question but as i'm not used to english language i'd need some help about "Range" definition.
On my roadmaster dashboard there's an information about "RANGE". i don't understand it.
Could you please explain to me what it is and how i should understand the digits next to it ?
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
How far you can go before running out of fuel
As Pcorp said..... Range would be the distance left to travel on the remaining fuel in the tank.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
In AU, autonomy means, well, 'on your own' or 'you can do what you like' (self management). Well, if I ever hire a bike in France, now I know what 'autonomy' means.
(talking about the french language) in fact the meaning of the word adapts itself to the context.
If you are talking about a living creature or someone's "autonomy", then the meaning is as you said "you can do what you like".
But if you're talking about a vehicule/engine, then the meaning is "The quantity of miles you can ride with the quantity of fuel it can store".
If you want to talk about the distance you can ride with the remaining fuel currently present in the tank, then the french would name it "the remaining autonomy (of the vehicule)".

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
If you want to talk about the distance you can ride with the remaining fuel currently present in the tank, then the french would name it "the remaining autonomy (of the vehicule)".
je vous remercie, ce qui est très intéressant

(Thanks Google!) :)

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts
welcome to the tribe!

may you have endless autonomy of miles on your new Indian!

Reactions: Roadie
1 - 8 of 8 Posts