Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, last fall my lifters failed ...
But, $4,500 later and I've got a fresh 116 bbk installed by the dealer in Salt Lake City! I've been absolutely loving the bike ever since. Put about 3k miles on it this season so far.

My only complaint was that my right leg would be cooking all the time. So, after much research I removed the exhaust and gutted the cat out of my header. And now I'm having fitment issues and the front cylinder header isn't sealing. It seems like every time I try to save some cash and do it myself, I always find new and frustrating problems 馃槃

With the cat removed from the stock headers, should I retune the bike and get a new flash file from Dyno? I've got a PV3, and a tune that they sent me when I got the 116 installed.

Also, if someone is on the fence about getting the 116.... DO IT!!!! Holy crap I'm in love with the power.

I've got Rush Warhorse slips ons with the 2.5" baffles installed for the exhaust, if anyone's curious. They're rumbly at idle, quite while putting along around 1.5k - 2k rpm, and ROAR when you get on it. Absolutely flabbergasted at the presence of this bike.

Just gotta get the damn exhaust fitting right so I can get back out on the road :unsure:

Anywhos, there's my ramble

Rider
Are you reusing your old head gaskets, or did you install new gaskets? If you didn't install new, install a set and see if they still leak. Did you torque the flange nuts evenly? Don't fully tighten one, before tightening the other. Be sure to go back and forth as you are tightening and compressing the gasket. In addition, be prepared to retorque the nuts after about 500 miles.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was torqueing them properly. I drove down to Vegas to buy some gaskets. Threw on the new ones and they sealed up just fine. Now my Windshield stopped moving :/
I looks like the piece that's attached to the windshield has stripped out. I'm going to post photos and ask on a designated thread before I start tearing into that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts