Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I've seen a lot of posts with people getting higher bars and others saying they've rotated the stock bars on the Challenger. For those that rotated:
Did you go to the max or somewhere in-between?
Did you have to adjust the controls at all?
Did it change the angle of the switches much?

Thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I rotated my stock bars up as high as they would go without hitting the fairing when turning. No change in control position. I couldn't get used to them at that height and lowered them back down.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I rotated my stock bars up as high as they would go without hitting the fairing when turning. No change in control position. I couldn't get used to them at that height and lowered them back down.
If you don't mind, I'd like to adjust my bars and my service manual hasn't arrived yet, what did you need to remove. What size Allen or torx is the bolt? Thanks for your time and effort,
Rayray

·
Registered
469 Posts
If you don't mind, I'd like to adjust my bars and my service manual hasn't arrived yet, what did you need to remove. What size Allen or torx is the bolt? Thanks for your time and effort,
Rayray
You don't need to remove anything. You can access the bolts from under the fairing, ust reach up under by the fender, loosen off the two bolts with the heads pointing down, rotate them up and re tighten.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Appreciate this thread, will probably raise my bars by a couple of inches and don’t need to worry about taking the fairing apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,698 Posts
You can adjust your switch housing position by grinding off the little plastic pin inside the switch housing. The pin protrudes thru a small hole in the bars and is used for alignment. This will allow the switch housing to rotate. Some of the aftermarket handlebar manufacturers require you to do this on their bars.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts

I did the same and raised the bars as high as they could go without hitting the faring on full turns, it's easy sleazy to do with no other adjustment to make nor necessary.

·
Registered
469 Posts
How'd you guys make out with the adjustments? What'ya think about the new position?
Alignment doesn't change. You only need to loosen the clamp slightly, you don't need to remove anything. The bars are much more comfortable for me, but I'm used to having apes on my previous bike.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Does anyone know the torque requirements for the bolts that hold the handlebars to the triple clamp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
You don't need to remove anything. You can access the bolts from under the fairing, ust reach up under by the fender, loosen off the two bolts with the heads pointing down, rotate them up and re tighten.
On a Challenger ? The hex bolts on the riser cap are on top .

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On a Challenger ? The hex bolts on the riser cap are on top .
There's 2 sets, one on the bottom and one on the top. You can get to the bottom without removing anything.

Reactions: BaggerJay
1 - 17 of 17 Posts