Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Raising Bar Height

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  IronDame 
#1 ·
I have a 19 chieftain DH looking to raise bar height slightly.
I dont want to be above protection of fairing.
In other words dont want hands in direct flow of air. I realize its only about an inch or two.
The midrise Bars are too high and want to be above stock about 2 inches or so.
Anyone have any suggestions or can tell me if Rox Risers will work?
Appreciate any comments on what you guys have come up with.
Thanks!

#6 ·
Sorry didnt respond sooner but Irondame the bars do look about right.
Sdid the dealer put on and if so how much time they billed you.
I dont believe you needed to lengthen anything with cables correct?
This might be the route I go with.
The Klock Werks ergo bars are nice but the price is high.
Although I didnt try to rotate the bars but might look at that but prob only get about 1 inch if that im thinking.

#7 ·
I also have the Trask bars. if you have them all the way up, you will get cold hands. If you pull them back just a bit you will should be okay.
I had mine put on by the Indian dealer just three or four weeks ago. They claimed it would take 4 hours to install them and I found it unbelievable. They also wanted $400 to install the bars. However, we negotiated it down to $200 since I refused to sign the dotted lines on my new bike without the bars.

It did take them over three hours to install them. They did not need to extend any cables for the install either.

I do love the Trask bars and I think they are the shit in the looks category!

Attachments

Reactions: IronDame
#9 ·
Yes they do look really good. But question is if you lower them enough to be just out of wind how much back farther than stock do you think they will be? I just really want the height up 2.0 " and not so much pull back.
BTW Thank You so much for your Service.
My Son is on the USS Truman over in the turmoil right now.

#10 ·
I think it would change your reach by 2”. To give you an idea, I reach forward just a tad where I have them and I’m 5’ 10”.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.