Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Founding member
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Mrs bought me what she thought was a new Indian Motorcycle Book about 2 months ago for my Bday. I recognized the book right away as one I had, but at the same time knew something seemed different. The cover was a different picture, so I looked inside and noticed that it was just a newer printing, my older one was printed in 2001 and the new one was 2016. Different publishers as well. Anyway, didn't really think much else of it.

Today my Mrs sees the two books sitting next too each other and says "What the heck?". I told her I didn't want to say anything at the time because she was pretty excited to have picked it up and I was excited for her... You know the deal. We open the books side by side and realize that they are not in fact identical.... The last chapter is left out of the 2016 reprint. That chapter covers the newest line of Indians.... "Garlics".... Why would they do this?

My initial "Conspiracy":

The want to capitalize on age of existence of the Indian Brand, but also want to take credit for bringing it back to the world of today.... If the Brand was actually "ReBorn" in 1999 by a different company it kind of takes a small piece of the glory away from the current lineup.....

Pictures presented as ecidance for this the "Conspiracy":

Cover1a.jpg
Cover2a.jpg
Contents3a.jpg
Contents 1a.jpg

Attachments

·
Bronze member
3,439 Posts
maybe the guy is just superstitious... I mean he wrote about it rising like a Phoenix then the brand dies again... he likes Indian so chops the last chapter off not to put the hex on them again:eek:

Reactions: PE4CE

·
Founding member
2,204 Posts
Just throwing out a guess ... maybe they didn't get copyright approval for publishing info (pics or logo?) for that era of bikes? Received a cease & desist letter and removed it for future reprints?

·
Founding member
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@jayred1 that was another that crossed my mind. Hahaha Going to be a good riding day tomorrow, so I won’t have to wonder much longer about why this is the way it is.

@Masta Kink it’s a good read.

@high plains rider too funny, but who knows! Hahaha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts