Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that ride year round, or have it just in case, what do you have and how do you like it? My Coleman brand Walmart special finally gave out on me. I was looking for something that probably had the least amount of rubber on it for hopefully some breatheability with the synthetic nylon types that they make. The local Walmart doesn't carry it any more. And the one I was at didn't have a big enough size to be comfortable. Any input is appreciated. And links from where you got it, too!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nelson-Rigg has worked well for me both in function and price... Aerostich has a great reputation and will be something I look at down the road when I fully retire....

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow yea Aero is looking to be a bit out of my budget range for now. I'll have to see what I can do, if I can find something in my size. But thanks for the recs!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just found an old video on YT of the Olympia gear while looking at some others. Looks better in the older video, but I'll have to check it out and see what I can find. I think they have some at a Cycle Gear, maybe I can go try some on at a local shop.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just found an old video on YT of the Olympia gear while looking at some others. Looks better in the older video, but I'll have to check it out and see what I can find. I think they have some at a Cycle Gear, maybe I can go try some on at a local shop.
You definitely have to try them on because if I remember correctly the tops ran big. Cycle gear should have them...,CG and Revzilla are the same company.

Juan

·
Bronze member
2,612 Posts
We are doing a charity ride today and it looks like rain. We’ve done this ride to benefit our local Fisher House each of the last 12 years so we’ll ride it in the rain.
We both have the Olympia suits so I’ll report back later on how they hold up in a day long ride.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I saw on Indian's website their suit is only $180. May be the best deal of anything you can get on their whole website! Have to see if the local shop has something, too. Looks like I'll be going somewhere on my days off after the holiday.

·
Bronze member
3,574 Posts
The set I have [rain coat and pants] is made by a company called,"Hein Gerike" RN# 71136,and is 100% ,PVC/NYLON . I bought this set over 25 years ago and have worn em thru heavy rain, hail,sleet,ice, and snow storms,and they have always kept me dry,not to mention,it's composition breaks the cold air/wind in sub zero temps so ya don't freeze your ars off.lol And the best part is,they fold up nicely so you can carry em in your saddle or trunk bag without taking up a lot of space. But I don't know if they are still available.Punch em in on line and see if they are.All I can say is " THEY WORK GREAT"!! And then I also have a pair of Totes to put on over my boots in the wet weather which I have also had for many years and they too work great keeping my feet warm and dry.Hope that helps ya?? Dave!!!

·
Bronze Member
1,818 Posts
The set I have [rain coat and pants] is made by a company called,"Hein Gerike" RN# 71136,and is 100% ,PVC/NYLON . I bought this set over 25 years ago and have worn em thru heavy rain, hail,sleet,ice, and snow storms,and they have always kept me dry,not to mention,it's composition breaks the cold air/wind in sub zero temps so ya don't freeze your ars off.lol And the best part is,they fold up nicely so you can carry em in your saddle or trunk bag without taking up a lot of space. But I don't know if they are still available.Punch em in on line and see if they are.All I can say is " THEY WORK GREAT"!! And then I also have a pair of Totes to put on over my boots in the wet weather which I have also had for many years and they too work great keeping my feet warm and dry.Hope that helps ya?? Dave!!!
Hein Gerike is still around. Sort of. They got purchased a few weeks ago.

·
Rider
1,213 Posts
They also melt very nicely.
Pretty well anythng melts real well.

I put an elastic strip around my right leg now, after melting a couple sets of expensive suits.

I have the Indian rain suit. Works real well. Wife has the Frogg Toggs, and they are real good also, and Froggs breath real good.

--
Gordon

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I saw on Indian's website their suite is only $180. May be the best deal of anything you can get on their whole website! Have to see if the local shop has something, too. Looks like I'll be going somewhere on my days off after the holiday.
I have the Indian rain gear and have been very happy with it. Well made in my opinion with the added plus of the Indian logo proudly displayed.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,627 Posts
I just ordered Nelson Rigg last night. They were having a 20% off sale. My inlaws have their suits and like them.

·
Rider
946 Posts
I have Tour Master and love it. I have only needed it a couple of times but it performed very well.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts