Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a while ago I got rid of my rain gear, thinking i would not ride again, fast forward on my challenger lol,
I know this is personal choice, but, any suggestions would appreciated. I've been looking at frogg toggs, and alpine.
Thanks.

·
Bronze member
3,566 Posts
I have carried a two piece rain suit and a pair of Totes with me "JUST IN CASE" for the last 40 years,not that I need em or ride 365 days a year,but every now and then,I get stuck in a heavy rain shower [as you must know,the weather man usually speaks with FORKED TONGUE] lol, and if I don't put somethin on,I'll look like a drowned rat.lol lol

·
Rider
1,539 Posts
You could try looking here.

BD

·
Senior member / gold
6,989 Posts
So a while ago I got rid of my rain gear, thinking i would not ride again, fast forward on my challenger lol,
I know this is personal choice, but, any suggestions would appreciated. I've been looking at frogg toggs, and alpine.
Thanks.
I have a Frogtogg raincoat in my saddlebag, and wear waterproof pants on a daily (when I ride) basis.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have frogg toggs. Heard great things but the first time I put the pants on they tore at the knees. I had my boots on when i put them on sure, but it was raining and I figure they should expect that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I previously used Frog Toggs but eventually the jacket zipper stitch starting ripping apart.

I now use a Nelson Rigg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
260 Posts
The great thing about my Frog Toggs is that when the rain stops and the sun comes back , they breath and you don't start to swelter.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nelson Rigg two piece is what I use.... I have no complaints, they’re easy to get on and do the job.. I would buy them again again....

·
Bronze Member
1,818 Posts
Years ago I bought an East German military motorcycle rain suit. It was basically rubber coated canvas. Heavier than holy heck. That thing would keep you dry, but my god was it hot. I'll bet that I had that thing for 10 years.

Since then I've had a Competition Accessories rain suit that I also wore for years. I finally had to give them up when the lining in the pants ripped out. My wife bought me the Indian rain suit a few years back.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Back in my early days of riding when I was still raising the kiddos (not much money to spend on myself) I would use trash bags, grocery bags over my boots and electric tape to keep it all tidy and from flapping in the breeze. Then I was finally shamed into getting a real rain suit, at a Harley shop, and thinking it would be a good one since it was H.D. brand. A one piece (looked like a black Michelin Man when going over 40 mph) made of pvc , (not breathable and hot) kept me dry except for my crotch because all the rain collected at the bottom of my zipper. Finally bought a good two piece Belstaff. A lot of the UK motorcycle mag writers use them and I figured the brits know a thing or two about riding in the rain. I’ve used it way more than I’ve wanted to and have no complaints. Had it for about 15 years now. No matter what brand you get make sure it’s a one piece, has big pockets that are easily accessible with gloves, and are big enough to fit over your riding gear but adjustable to cinch down snug so as not to flap in the breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks.
Frogg Riggs for me. In SW FL, you sweat so much in the plastic/vinyl type, you are just as wet.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
I’ve had a 2 piece Tour Master Defender ($100?) for about 8 years; my first and only rain suit, other than trying Frogg Togg.
The FT was only good for packing small/light and to use in a pinch if needed. I melted a leg on my exhaust right away.

I wanted to try a one piece but whenever I look at reviews someone is always complaining about water getting in through the long zipper.

Since I don’t get into the rain suit much my main complaint with the TM Defender is the permanently attached suspenders for the pants.

I was looking at a review of a Nelson Rigg just now that said it lacked breathability/mesh liner. Not sure if they all are that way.
Actually the Defender mesh liner is another of my complaints because the Velcro sticks to it when unpacking.

Anyway... I don’t think I’ve seen everyone agree on a perfect rain suit whenever I’m looking for info about them.

Reactions: theMucker

·
Registered
7 Posts
FWIW a large number of riders in our group and around the world now are using riding and rain gear from KLIM. Definitely not cheap stuff but exactly the opposite. All about performance and safety, warranty is great and they have everything you'd need to create the perfect layering system for any type of weather. The products are amazing and I personally use many of their items for dirt bike riding, cruising and all snow sport activities. Don't think you'd ever be unhappy with their products but sometimes the price scares buyers away. Definitely a buy once and buy right type of product line.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks.
I've yet to come up with an overall better solution than those Frog Togs. They stow easily enough. I really wish there was something better but the drawbacks of most rain suits outweigh the looks, etc. Although Frogs have made new jackets that hang a bit, fit better.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks.
I love the Olympia horizon 2 piece rain suit. Designed by riders, easy to put on, comfortable And I purchased mine at Revzilla

1 - 19 of 19 Posts