Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got caught in a rainstorm today and discovered what I consider to be a design flaw: the speedo and rpm gauge wells filled up with rain like they were meant for it. I had about 1/2" of water pooled in each of them. I swabbed it out with my T-shirt, but if you leave it there ... that water's gotta go somewhere.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,312 Posts
I have heard that the dashboard is designed poorly in that regard. You're the first I've seen on this forum to confirm this issue. Anyone else having this happen and what fixes if any are there?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I noticed the Same when washing mine. I guess fix could be to make a cut in the bottom of the seals on the bezels that press against the gauges. Though that whole assembly pops off easily so if it pools you could just pop it off real quick though that's not a long term solution.

Now that I look at it, I dont think those seals around the bezel are for anything other than noise otherwise the rest of the assembly would be sealed.

·
5 years +
138 Posts
I went ahead and cut a groove at the bottom of the cover and that took care of the water puddles.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I went ahead and cut a groove at the bottom of the cover and that took care of the water puddles.
Can you share a pic of what it looks like?

·
Registered
439 Posts
When I wash mine I just blow the water out with my leaf blower. I would be hesitant to cut a slot or drill a hole. The ride command is under there. I wouldn't want water dripping on it.

·
4,312 Posts
It seems that these puddles in front of the tachometer & speedometer need a drainage that carries the water away from the electronics underneath. Maybe some sort of nipple fitting with flexible tubing or hose to safely carry the water away.

·
4,312 Posts
Hopefully somebody will have a fix to post on here that addresses the tach & speedometer water puddles and how to channel it away from sensitive electronics.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Unfortunately without someone redesigning that bezel, to add a nipple and hose, the only way to drain it is through the fairing. During a rain storm it does collect a lot of water, has happened to me multiple times, just don't have a good answer on how to fix it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah. I had to ride thru the rain yesterday.

That nipple and hose option seems promising to address this issue

I'll have to work something up.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts