Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search on radio reception (mine sucks) and it's all about shorter antenna's (not reception) does anyone know how to improve the reception? I live 50 miles from the 4 stations I listen to and I've got to pick one of them depending on the weather and then driving through a town or change in altitude (rolling prairie hills) it just falls off of the map.. it plain sucks and makes the radio basically useless IMO.

·
German Rider
842 Posts
Radio ? There is a radio on the bike ? Never used it on any bike. Only used MP3 on a USB stick. So sorry can't help.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The factory Antenna works pretty well, short ones are a bit iffy for any range. its a trade off between the two, looks and eyes or range and remember you have a needle sticking in the air. When I travel I install the long and around town the short.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Many have issue with reception. Chatting with the dealer tech, he believes the interferance in the fairing from all the electronics, specifically LED Headlights and Passing lights cause interferance with the radio.

I actually took my antenna all the way off. Now I just stream from my phone. If I want local radio, just stream from iHeart, TuneIn etc...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2019 Roadmaster. I found that if you turn the driving lights off the reception is much better. This is due to the electrical interference generated by the LED lights. I wish there was a fix for this because I do like listening to the radio. I have now just loaded a bunch of music onto the USB stick and listen to that.

·
Bronze member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I'll try shutting them off... I really like riding with them on as it seems to help get seen... I really like listening to the radio but I suppose I'll have to go to the USB stick... I was just hoping that there was a fix to it.. most the time it sounds like the singers are in a can when you don't get strong reception or just plain static.. kind of embarrassing riding through town... I actually mute the radio in town as not to embarrass myself or Indian..

·
Bronze member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many have issue with reception. Chatting with the dealer tech, he believes the interferance in the fairing from all the electronics, specifically LED Headlights and Passing lights cause interferance with the radio.

I actually took my antenna all the way off. Now I just stream from my phone. If I want local radio, just stream from iHeart, TuneIn etc...
the only problem with that in my neck of the woods cell phone reception is spotty at best

1 - 7 of 7 Posts