Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new roadmaster with about 300 mi. I find the radio reception very weak. Is this typical or am I the lucky one. If it is typical is there a remedy???
Anybody know if there is a heat guard for the rear pipe next to rt leg. Gotta go out this morning and clean off boot residue and green from my jacket sleeve that fell down on pipe when I took it off. Waa

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have a new roadmaster with about 300 mi. I find the radio reception very weak. Is this typical or am I the lucky one. If it is typical is there a remedy???
Anybody know if there is a heat guard for the rear pipe next to rt leg. Gotta go out this morning and clean off boot residue and green from my jacket sleeve that fell down on pipe when I took it off. Waa

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I don't know about radio reception as I enjoy the natural sounds when riding. If you're talking about the exhaust pipe, there are heat shields over the pipes. The gap between the pipe and the guards are minimal and the cat is under your leg so I guess you can thank the epa for it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I found the radio reception poor too compared to my previous HD. I wish there was a fix but have not heard anything yet.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found the radio reception poor too compared to my previous HD. I wish there was a fix but have not heard anything yet.
Heres an update to my own post ; since the antenna swivels I moved it away from the trunk and bingo killer reception. I moved it all the way to parallel with the floor and more radio stations than ever. Sooooo it seems that the bike itself is blocking signal ; guess I'll call Indian and say whats up with that.

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,755 Posts
I haven't had trouble with reception, but I find that the radio commercials bug the Hell out of me, so I listen to my iPod most of the time.
On the exhaust heat issue, are you just talking of boot scrapes on the pipe or thigh heat?
Cap'n Itchy makes a heat shield for your thighs...

·
Registered
335 Posts
that looks great and will be on my list. From where and how much ! Also your backrest looks great ; is that factory ? Indians price for backrest and bracket is outrageous.
Yes that is a factory backrest and yes it was expensive. The heat shields were ordered from Captain Itch.com.

·
Registered
114 Posts
To answer your question and not mention what I normally do for music, etc. - My radio is weak too. I thought they might have hooked it up wrong after putting on my stage 1 exhaust but looks like there are others with the same problem. I'll be watching where I place my feet, have not had that problem though.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I got to ask, many people have asked me what does the loop coming out of the slot that the backrest slides into do? I don't have a clue. Dean E
Some states require a handhold device for passengers. That's what that it's for. I cut mine off.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,619 Posts
Some states require a handhold device for passengers. That's what that it's for. I cut mine off.
I see said the blind man. Thanks, D

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
hahaha, shoulda asked the missus, she says no way, it needs to be black. So done deal, sending it back.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts