Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a misfire on my 2015 Chieiftain. Check it all out and it ended up just being a bad plug. Bike set over the winter and part of this spring. Battery did go dead I charged it cleaned connections and notice my radio doesn't even show on dash. Won't come on or anything. It's like it doesn't even have a radio. I've checked the fuse and looked at the wires still nothing. Anyone have a solution? Does the radio need replaced? Indian shop is over a hunderd miles and has a two week or longer wait and a $150 charge just for a simple plug up if that's what I need to do? Appreciate any help and info out there.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I would do a thorough check on the wiring to make sure any mice haven't had a nibble beyond the fuse... If you can't find anything nibbled then it may be the radio itself. You'll probably need a schematic to find out if there is power and ground in the connections to the radio. Looks like there is an actual radio module but I would check power and ground coming from the connector first. Heck it could be corrosion on the connector so unplug it and plug it back , but you can buy a schematic/manual PDF for not much money and check it out that way. I saw one on ebay for close to 500 bucks. Heaven knows what it would cost from Indian and if you could even get it. It might be the switch module as well..so you would need to check that out.

Font Auto part Parallel Engineering Drawing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks VirginiaJim the wires are good. Tried to wiggle the connections and wires nothing worked. I'll try to find the power and ground wires going to it. Just didn't want to dig in to deep if it may be a program flash update needing to be done.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had a misfire on my 2015 Chieiftain. Check it all out and it ended up just being a bad plug. Bike set over the winter and part of this spring. Battery did go dead I charged it cleaned connections and notice my radio doesn't even show on dash. Won't come on or anything. It's like it doesn't even have a radio. I've checked the fuse and looked at the wires still nothing. Anyone have a solution? Does the radio need replaced? Indian shop is over a hunderd miles and has a two week or longer wait and a $150 charge just for a simple plug up if that's what I need to do? Appreciate any help and info out there.
On your display screen, does it say radio off,,,,,, or radio on,,,,,,,or is it blank. If it says radio off I’m guessing corrosion in the volume control switch is not sending a signal to the radio, if the radio is on but no sound then maybe it’s the attenuator in the radio. This happened in my 2014 Chieftain, the attenuator was bad and needed a new radio. Electric issues can be tough to diagnose. My first thought is if there is current to the switch for the radio. I personally don’t like the touch switches as they are more susceptible to malfunction and difficult to test. Let us know what you or the shop find out, at least you can still ride and that’s good ! Larry

·
Registered
150 Posts
Doesn't show on screen at all. It's like it's not there at all
Do all of the other functions display on the screen as you use the left toggle switch ? If they do, then I’m guessing there’s no power available either going into the switch or exiting it. Just a hunch, good luck , and by the way, welcome to the forum ! Larry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts