Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experience this?

2016 Roadmaster: Radio glitches, (if you imagine an old school record player that gets bumped and the needle skips ever so slightly). This was happening since day 1, I thought it was a bluetooth issue, but ultimately it behaves this way on all inputs. For some reason this does not happen when standing still and is most obvious in 4th and up at 2-3k rpm.

Also, a second radio issue: with iPhone plugged in and using USB as the music source, with navigation on, when the turn is announced in navi app, the input switches from USB. Talked to dealer and apparently Polaris blames this on iPhone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I

2016 Roadmaster: Radio glitches, (if you imagine an old school record player that gets bumped and the needle skips ever so slightly). This was happening since day 1, I thought it was a bluetooth issue, but ultimately it behaves this way on all inputs. For some reason this does not happen when standing still and is most obvious in 4th and up at 2-3k rpm.

Also, a second radio issue: with iPhone plugged in and using USB as the music source, with navigation on, when the turn is announced in navi app, the input switches from USB. Talked to dealer and apparently Polaris blames this on iPhone.
I did hear this today while riding, was not sure if it was my radio or the area but it also did it with ipod, not really what the cause is, but maybe with the ipod, might be the wires getting jolted around from vibrations.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Happens to me as well. 2015 RM - iPhone 6 via bluetooth. intermittent and annoying. Sometimes won't happen at all for an entire ride, sometimes happens a number of times - with no change to the setup... I think probably BT related in my case.

·
Registered
130 Posts

Check the map application settings. Google maps, for instance, has a setting to "play turn directions over Bluetooth connection" and "play navigation directions like a pro NE call". These settings may cause the system to switch from USB to Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts