Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,126 Posts
Hi everyone, just bought a 2021 scout bobber and agree the stock pipes are too quiet.
I am down to 2 slip ons. i really like the Dean Speed Rampage they look like quality product and have had V&H in the past so looking at the 3 inch slash cuts.

Could anyone tell me how they compare for loudness. Dont want too loud happy to put quiet baffles in either but look at a noise level around 6.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Cheers
I had the dean speed rampage on my scout. Video attached for sound reference. This was before the optional baffles, which brought it down about 20 percent. Never had v&h on the scout, but had them on my roadmaster (both with and without baffles). Both have great sound profiles. I would say that the v&h are slightly deeper in tone, but comparable in loudness.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Keep in mind for any video of exhausts that you're not listening to the true sound. The MEMS microphones on phones, GoPros (and other action cameras) and even DSLR cameras simply can not capture low frequencies. That's especially true if the higher frequencies are loud. So no matter how much you turn up the bass on your $10k home theater system, you won't hear the true sound of the pipes if the video was captured by all but the most professional digital recording equipment.

My experience happens to be a good one - the Bassani slip-ons happen to sound much better in person than I thought. It could have easily gone the other way for me though, as I'm told the V&H grenades, another set I was considering due to the sound I heard online, sound tinny in person.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts