Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi folks, my first time on this forum and I love this thread. Is there a section of it where we can buy gently used parts from each other? Specifically exhausts? I'm looking for RCX 3" pipes for the Scout Bobber (2020). thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Scout Bobber Twenty
62 Posts
Hi folks, my first time on this forum and I love this thread. Is there a section of it where we can buy gently used parts from each other? Specifically exhausts? I'm looking for RCX 3" pipes for the Scout Bobber (2020). thanks.
This is the full forum listing
As you can see, the classifieds are at the bottom, with one forum for used motorcycles and another for parts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,752 Posts
I have TAB Longs on my Scout. Pretty loud but not ear splitting & not setting off any car alarms. I have the stock mufflers out in my pole barn in new condition.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I put the baffles in my freedom combat 2-1 today. Decibels went from 117 while gently going to 3000 rpm to the now 94 decibels. Worlds difference. I’m now able to look my neighbors in the face and not feel shame.

·
Registered
643 Posts
do you mean the 4" vance & hines twin slash round slip ons are quieter that the 3"? I am very interested in this info. Thanks
No, I think the 4 inch are noisier but have a deeper rumble to them than the 3 inch.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey y'all. New member, first post.

If the V & H 3"slash cuts come in at 6 (in the 1 to 10 scale), how would they rate with the optional quiet baffles?

Also, at what number would you guys say the loudness starts to annoy your neighbors?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey y'all. New member, first post.

If the V & H 3"slash cuts come in at 6 (in the 1 to 10 scale), how would they rate with the optional quiet baffles?

Also, at what number would you guys say the loudness starts to annoy your neighbors?
I put the quiet baffles in my 3" V&H. I'd say they lost me about 3dB - not a whole lot. The slappy-pop is gone from the overall sound and they're a little more subdued, which I don't mind. I wish they were more quiet, though. I like the look of the TBR 2-1, but I figure they're probably the same dB if not more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wound up getting the TAB Longs with the 1.75" baffles and black slash tips. I'm very pleased with both the looks and the sound.
What number would you rate them on the scale? Any decibel reading?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I had TAB longs for awhile and I would personally just place them one or two places above stock in terms of loudness. They are fairly quiet imho. Still definitely sound better than stock though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I have seen conflicting posts on the V&H vs the RCX slash cuts. Some say RCX is louder, other say they are quieter. Could I get a few more subjective opinions so I can try and draw a conclusion? Looking for louder than stock or stage 1, but not obnoxious. Aeromach is gone so looking at these 2 options.
TIA
Brad

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, just bought a 2021 scout bobber and agree the stock pipes are too quiet.
I am down to 2 slip ons. i really like the Dean Speed Rampage they look like quality product and have had V&H in the past so looking at the 3 inch slash cuts.

Could anyone tell me how they compare for loudness. Dont want too loud happy to put quiet baffles in either but look at a noise level around 6.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got my V&H 3" Slash Cuts mounted a couple of weeks ago, definitely a 6 on the scale and way to loud for riding through the neighborhood at 3:30 in the am on the way to work. ( I like my neighbors, and really don't want to be "that guy"). Just got a set of quiet baffles installed and it quieted things down considerably, I would have to say the baffles brought the sound level down to about a 3 1/2 or 4. I'll still probably be that guy, but such is life.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just put my Dean Speed slip on’s on with baffles. Very happy they look and sound amazing. Not obnoxious but definitely get your attention. Couldn’t be happier with the sound.

·
Rider
768 Posts
Rineharts are rated as an 8 and Dean Speed Rampage as a 9. Can that be true? I heard the Rineharts at the dealer and they are WAY too loud. Can the Dean Speed Rampage be louder than the Rineharts? I'm also interested in the Indian Stage Ones, but not for $800... maybe used. Maybe the Aeromachs are a possibility, but the clip I saw makes them sound a bit tinny. What to do? I want a smooth full low rumble, not a bark.

101 - 120 of 127 Posts