Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
I really like the sissy bars he makes,, the logo cross bar is great,, I like the side view Indian Chief one,, best sissy bar going,, six pack rack and all,, I’m getting one,, how tall is he making yours,,, 18-20-24”,, 20” sounds bout right.
mine wont have the six pack rack. the area where a passenger seat would normally go is going to become a luggage rack. but im going 24 inch tall wicked with the indian skull cross bar. heres kinda what it should look like except the rack should be flat instead of following the curve of the fender on my bobber.

·
Registered
2018 Scout 69
73 Posts
I would say the RPW 2-1 slipon is about a 5.5/6, with the factory stage 1’s being a 3

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,759 Posts
I wound up getting the TAB Longs with the 1.75" baffles and black slash tips. I'm very pleased with both the looks and the sound.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have the Khrome Werks 4”, which are similar to the TAB Longs. I’m very happy with the sound I get from them .. in the middle of the loud/soft scale to me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
radiant cycles shorty gp exhaust slip ons are easily a 10 on the scale imo.
Have a pair, sounded great at first but now its just a nuisance. Just bought two brothers 2-1 it should sound stock after the shorty slip ons. Cross town at 75 miles and hour will make you crazy without music in your ears full blast. I do not recommend. Anyone have two brothers with a video?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I wound up getting the TAB Longs with the 1.75" baffles and black slash tips. I'm very pleased with both the looks and the sound.
Hey @reinie, I realize this is an older post, but wondering if you can provide any insight as to the loudness of the Tab longs? Like you (I think), I want a nice, low-end, throaty sound that's not obnoxiously loud and harsh. Was considering the V&H 3" slash cut slip-ons, but understand they may be louder than I would like. Also, do you use the baffle that came with or is there and additional one? Lastly, I have the OEM saddle bags, will the Tabs work with those in your opinion?

Thanks!
--Kevin

·
5,759 Posts
I ordered mine with their smallest 1.75 inch diameter baffles. This was after researching videos and forum posts which concluded the smaller ones are quieter. They are still on the louder side of the scale but not too obnoxious. The loudness depends upon how much throttle you give it. You can putt-putt through a residential area without disturbing the peace but when you get on it it's loud.

·
1,956 Posts
The adverts interwoven with members' posts in these threads are VERY annoying... therefore a VERY loud exhaust may be one way of distracting onesgoodself from crap...

·
Registered
4 Posts
V&H 3 inch slashcuts = 6. 4 inch = 5 Crushers = 7.
So your saying the 4in aren't as loud as the 3in? I heard the 3 in and loved them. Ordered them and they are on backorder because of covid. But they offered me the 4in at a good price

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Howdy,
Other forums I have been on have a sticky thread where riders weigh in on the volume of sound an exhaust makes and ranks them 1 to 10, stock exhaust to straight pipes.

I searched a couple different ways on this forum but couldn't find such a posting. I'm interested in a 4 to 7 on the sound scale, for a 2 into 1 equal length exhaust. Maybe this will help others too.

Anyone interested in filling our such a scale?

In the beginning the numbers don't mean much but soon people that know two or three exhausts will rank them against each other. After a while the sound scale becomes pretty accurate.

Thank you!

1 Stock exhaust, no modifications

Aeromach with baffles and cats
Indian Stage One
Aeromachs with baffles out and cats in
Aeromachs with baffles in and cats out
Khrome Werks 4”
Aeromachs with baffles out and cats out
V&H 3" Slach Cuts
RCX 3"
Crusher Mavericks
Bassini Road Rage 2 into 1 "short"
RSD Slip On
Rinehart Slip On
V&H 4" Slip On
Dean Speed Slip On
Radiant Cycles Shorty GP
Dirty Birdy 2 into 1
Hacker Mayhem
Freedom 2 into 1 Turn Out
10 Straight Pipes, maximum possible loudness
I just put on V & H 3"slash cuts on my 2020 Scout Bobber, and they are louder than straight pipes on my sportster. I would agree with a 6.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Everyone. I’m looking to go as loud as possible with my 2021 Bobber 60. I understand from this thread, straight pipes Are the loudest. Has anyone else gone with straight Pipes on a scout bobber 60? Any regrets? Any issues? Concerns? I’m thinking of coring out the stock mufflers. If you have any better ideas I’d be open to hearing them. Any help on this process would be very much appreciated for This long time car mechanic but Brand new bike rider and owner.

·
Rider
715 Posts
Nope definitely straight pipes or even the shorty GP slip on which are basically straight pipes are not the loudest. The Hacker mayhem full exhaust system is the loudest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nope definitely straight pipes or even the shorty GP slip on which are basically straight pipes are not the loudest. The Hacker mayhem full exhaust system is the loudest.
Would you mind providing some insight into how you got to that conclusion? I’m grateful you bring that up because I just looked them up and they look great. Do you have them yourself? Any feedback after using them? I’m interested in their complete kit with intake and tune btw.

·
Rider
715 Posts
Would you mind providing some insight into how you got to that conclusion? I’m grateful you bring that up because I just looked them up and they look great. Do you have them yourself? Any feedback after using them? I’m interested in their complete kit with intake and tune btw.
Yup wife’s got them and we’ve compared them live to many options only one we haven’t compared live that could give it a run for it money is the dirty bird.

81 - 100 of 127 Posts