Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Founding Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Rocky Mountain Performance has been selling our patented and 100% US made "Quiet-Riot" auto sensing exhaust baffles for about 7 years now, and they are truly unique in the baffle industry. Our baffles were developed with the use of a flowbench to provide backpressure with less turbulation than standard baffles. Our baffles are designed primarily for V-twins, provide a midrange boost over straight thru pipes, and both Quiet (usually 5-8 db) and deepen the exhaust note. At high rev positions, the baffle, in response to increased exhaust pressure, can move open to flow more, increasing some in volume as well.

If you have a bike that seems flat in the middle, or pops on deceleration, this baffle should fix you up. We also have customers that mount them inside perforated tube baffles for additional deepening of sound tone and level.
Quiet-Riot is available in pairs or for 2 into 1 applications, in sizes for 1-3/4", 2", 2-1/4", and 2-1/2" O.D. pipes.

Check them out at: www-rocky-mountain-performance.com
Auto part Disc brake Alloy wheel Vehicle brake Brake

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Anything to fit the Indian tribe?

·
Founding Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any before / after sound comparison videos of the Quiet Riot?
No, sorry. We had one up for a while but got too much static, too easy to fake sound levels so we took it down. The baffle typically generates a 3-5 db drop in volume in straight pipes, and deepens the exhaust note. We almost always see a bump in midrange HP and torque.

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Not specifically, but we make them in a range of sizes to fit 1.625", 1.875", 1.938", 1.988", 2.100", and 2.375" pipe internal diameters. They can be used aft of other baffles or within the perforated tubes of existing baffles.
I want it order a QR baffle for my wife's scout with RPW Ambush pipes, I measure he inside pipe diameter to be 2 1/8". So would 2.1" be the correct size to order?

·
Founding Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want it order a QR baffle for my wife's scout with RPW Ambush pipes, I measure he inside pipe diameter to be 2 1/8". So would 2.1" be the correct size to order?
Yes, 2.1 is the correct size, please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for the interest, if you decide to order, we are at www.rocky-mountain-performance.com

·
Founding member
1,072 Posts
Thanks @Gort . I received these about a week ago and got around to installing them today into my Samson Long Trail slip-ons on my Scout. They perform exactly as described. A little quieter with a nice low frequency rumble.

·
Founding Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks @Gort . I received these about a week ago and got around to installing them today into my Samson Long Trail slip-ons on my Scout. They perform exactly as described. A little quieter with a nice low frequency rumble.
Thanks for your business James, I am glad they worked out for you.
Cheers, and enjoy!
Rick

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks for your business James, I am glad they worked out for you.
Cheers, and enjoy!
Rick
Hey Rick, just out of curiosity, would these work in a set of Crushers I have on my Scout? I don't know the diameter yet but they are basic Kuryakyn Crusher slip ons, I would like a bit of a drop on the bark.

·
Founding Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Rick, just out of curiosity, would these work in a set of Crushers I have on my Scout? I don't know the diameter yet but they are basic Kuryakyn Crusher slip ons, I would like a bit of a drop on the bark.
I have not seen a pair of the crushers, so I would need an ID measurement, sorry. More than likely we would have a size to fit.

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
Gort, looks like a great product. Can you give the length of the baffle and how is it typically fastened?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Rick - maybe a silly question but any chance you make these any smaller? I have the V&H 3" twin slash with the newer version of their quiet baffles and these things are still loud as hell when I'm trying to escape the neighborhood. I was trying to figure out a way to keep this setup but make it quieter, at least when idling or light throttle. The baffle ID is 1.25.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts