Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Founding Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Auto part Disc brake Alloy wheel Vehicle brake Brake
Our100% US made and patented Quiet-Riot baffles work great in straight through pipes or aftermarket slip-ons such as the Lick's Cyles, Emgo's, and xchoppers slash cuts and turnouts, which are nortoriously loud. These will quiet these exhausts 3-5 db, deepen the exhaust note, and bring some midrange back, especially on straight pipes. Available in five different sizes to fit most applications. See them at www.rocky-mountain-performance.com

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hi Chris, sorry, no pics of that. The ones in the pics are Emgo slash cuts, but we have had customers use them on turnouts. They go up the pipe 4-5".
Rick
No problem. I was just curious as to how difficult it is to negotiate the radius on the turnouts when installing.

I may end up grabbing a set at some point, because my neighbors complain a little occasionally about how loud my bike is at 6:40am when I leave for work. Would be nice to get a small gain back as well.

Thanks for the info. Didn't realize they went 4-5" in.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
The xChoppers would be my application as well. I don't mind the volume of the pipes at all, in fact, that is precisely why I purchased them. Having said that, I have a ridiculous amount of decel pop. How effective would these be at eliminating that @Gort ?

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
The xChoppers would be my application as well. I don't mind the volume of the pipes at all, in fact, that is precisely why I purchased them. Having said that, I have a ridiculous amount of decel pop. How effective would these be at eliminating that @Gort ?
The deceleration pop or backfire is a fueling problem...
Masking off the sound with baffles would not solve the actual problem!

·
Registered
73 Posts
True, and I have addressed that issue as well as I can with the combined assistance of DynoJet and FuelMoto via the PowerVision CX. The consensus among them is that such free flowing pipes will pop without much in the way of back pressure. These would seem a reasonably priced potential solution to verify their assertion.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
True, and I have addressed that issue as well as I can with the combined assistance of DynoJet and FuelMoto via the PowerVision CX. The consensus among them is that such free flowing pipes will pop without much in the way of back pressure. These would seem a reasonably priced potential solution to verify their assertion.
If it works, it would be worth the effort! I have gutted Stage one mufflers with Zero popping! No Cat conv. or packing. Plugs punched out!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just wanted to give a good word for Rocky Mountain Performance, and these baffles. A few months ago I installed them in a set of Cobras that I have on my 2016 Vaquero, and they definitely took the edge off as well as deepened the exhaust note a bit. Very cool product, nice quality. I would buy them again in the future without hesitation...

·
Founding Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As described to ronnie, and with regards to a too-free flowing exhaust such as the xchoppers, they will reduce or most likely eliminate the decel popping.

·
Founding Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just wanted to give a good word for Rocky Mountain Performance, and these baffles. A few months ago I installed them in a set of Cobras that I have on my 2016 Vaquero, and they definitely took the edge off as well as deepened the exhaust note a bit. Very cool product, nice quality. I would buy them again in the future without hesitation...
Thanks for rocking our Quiet-Riots, stoked that you are happy with them. And thank you for the kind words!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks for rocking our Quiet-Riots, stoked that you are happy with them. And thank you for the kind words!
@Gort you make these? damn man, I swear we are building the same bike just two countries apart! If I get these for a one off exhaust what kind of information should I provide to the exhaust fabrication shop?

·
Founding Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Gort you make these? damn man, I swear we are building the same bike just two countries apart! If I get these for a one off exhaust what kind of information should I provide to the exhaust fabrication shop?
Hey Bro,
You just need to choose a conventional tubing size for the end of the pipe. We have sizes for ID's as follows: 1.625", 2.125" 2.375", for 1.75", 2.25", and 2.50" O.D. tubes.
I need 4"-5" straight shot at the end of the pipe to fit the baffles in.

Regards,

Rick

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey Bro,
You just need to choose a conventional tubing size for the end of the pipe. We have sizes for ID's as follows: 1.625", 2.125" 2.375", for 1.75", 2.25", and 2.50" O.D. tubes.
I need 4"-5" straight shot at the end of the pipe to fit the baffles in.

Regards,

Rick
Rick when you say you need 4-5" of pipe length does that mean I would have to have you install them and then ship the exhaust back or I need to make sure that the fabricator has that spacing there for the baffles?

·
Founding Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rick when you say you need 4-5" of pipe length does that mean I would have to have you install them and then ship the exhaust back or I need to make sure that the fabricator has that spacing there for the baffles?
Our baffles fit at the very end of the can or pipe( if you are using straight pipes), 4-5" up from the exhaust exit. See our installation instructions at:
http://www.rocky-mountain-performance.com/install.pdf

1 - 17 of 17 Posts