Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a decent and quiet full face helmet.

I was away from home with my open face and had a 4 hour ride ahead of me in the rain so I popped into a bike shop and bought a cheap $160aud helmet.

It's comfortable and has a drop down visor, but oh my Lord is it noisy. It is by far the noisiest helmet I have owned.

All pulled out my old 2 full face but they have deteriorated beyond wearing.

I also think being on a Chief, no windshield and like all my past bikes that have had windshield and fairing that this is a factor in helmet noise.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Rider
721 Posts
Regardless of which helmet you get, wearing earplugs is highly recommended. For years, I rode without earplugs and am now paying the price with tinnitus. Helmets are different for everybody and of course the type of bike you ride plays a major contributing role on the amount of wind noise you get. A lot of people think the Schuberth helmets are the quietest. I tried one for a while, but it just wasn't right for me. The best and quietest helmet that I have owned yet is my Shoei RF-1200. I also still have a Shoei Qwest that has been an excellent helmet. And even though these are extremely quiet helmets, I still wear earplugs as previously mentioned.

Also, I think that these are probably some of the best disposable foam plugs you can get. I can get about a weeks worth of use out of them before exchanging for a new pair. They are easy to insert and hold there shape great. I use these with my comm system and can still hear it good.

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
The best.

·
Rider
620 Posts
The Schuberth C3 Pro I use is quiet as hell.

You'll get better noise reduction on a modular full face than you will a normal one due to them being able to make the openings tighter since you open up a modular to get your head out. Easily the quietest helmet I've ever had but, you'll pay a price for it. Comfy as hell too.

·
Bronze member
4,114 Posts
The Schuberth C3 Pro I use is quiet as hell.

You'll get better noise reduction on a modular full face than you will a normal one due to them being able to make the openings tighter since you open up a modular to get your head out. Easily the quietest helmet I've ever had but, you'll pay a price for it. Comfy as hell too.

The C3 Lite is the best bang for the buck, easily as quiet as the pro and only 399.00. I have one and love it.

·
Silver member
5,447 Posts
I tried many disposable earplugs over the years. I like the ones above best. Bit fiddly to put them in properly, but after that, they’re quieter for me than most others and I still hear ambulances, horns etc. And I don’t feel any pressure.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don't use earplugs With my modular but if the noise was an issue I would first worry about the bucket fitting and comfortable. If noise was an issue after that I would go with 3M E-A-Rsoft plugs. I have found them to be the most comfortable and carry a 33dB rating. It's what I use at work and I carry some with in case the someone needs them while on the road. It's usually after a long trip with the half helmet that I realize I should have had plugs in.

·
Rider
556 Posts
The reality is unless your wearing a fully enclosed helmet with it's own air supply all of them exceed hearing damage levels at highway speeds. I'm talking you'd need something like a diver's helmet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts