Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I am in Niagara Falls Ontario. Just got my renewal from TD primmum, went up $350.00 from last year. they want $1250.00 for my 14 Chieftain ( I am shopping for a new carrier) I am a member and past president of the Welland County motorcycle club. We have the oldest 1/4 mile flat track in Canada (and I think North America) Look us up at Wellandmotorcycleclub.com. We have been operating continually since 1946

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Thanks Dwarf..will do.
New Rider, Bolton, Ontario
Hunting for insurance now.
Did you get a chance to look us up? We are a great club with lots of history. Racing, riding, enduros, hill climbs, mud runs and almost anything else you can think of motorcycling . We race every Saturday in June and July.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi ! just bought my 2014 Chief Classic

I am back in the saddle after over 30 years without a ride.

Just renew my class 6A and after many search I finnally got the best deal from INTACT Insurance:
$750 tax In ( I lived in Pointe-Claire, West-Island of Montreal)

$2 000 000.00

$500 Franchise for Collision and same for Thief etc

I can get a 5 years New replacement Insurance for $1300

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
With the personal insurance company. Get good rate as part of a fire department. I believe around $1000.00 @year. Happy with this company so far. Based out of Mississauga On.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I was quoted $1300/year from State Farm/Desjardin for my Scout (if it ever gets here..hence my avatar riding my "bike")

1M Liability I am still shopping around

·
Registered
443 Posts
This is odd, but I traded in my 2014 Chieftain for a 2015 Road Master and my insurance went down $100.00 a year! go figure, I have Geico insurance, and I pay $338.00 for the two Indians I have. My other bike is a 2003 Indian Spirit, full coverage.

·
Registered
95 Posts
We get the short end of the stick here in Winnipeg. I haven't got my Scout yet, but MPI will be charging me over $1,600.00 for my bike, and that's with max points on my liscence.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Insurance rate is low in Quebec, but registration plate are $578. We are under a no fault system and that price include personal injury insurance covered by the Government. So to put a bike on the road is $1100 when all said and done.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I spoke with multiple companies and they all advised me that any MC over 1000cc , the cost for insurance doubles!
Not sure why? A MC is two wheels and a motor. A smaller MC is just as prone to be licking the pavement so why such a big jump???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Actually this is the reverse that happen. Over 1000 cc are not involved in accident as much as the lower CC bike. Most likely a rider who purchase a 1000 CC + have a lot more experience than somebody who buy a smaller bike. In Quebec, only the racer have a high insurance and high registration plate fees. $1200 for plate on racer and about $1200 insurance versus $578 for plate + about same about for insurance for other bike (Cruiser). It reflect the high rate of accident of that category of bike ( below 1000 CC and racer) according to the SAQ who administer vehicle in the province. This is also not my experience - was running a Saxon Griffin 1812 cc for $269 insurance tax in. Most of my buddies pay around $350-$550 in insurance for the cruiser.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just received my 2015 Chief Vintage a month ago. I'm in Paris, ON. I got full insurance, with a 5-year total new replacement clause with Mantha Brokers (Aviva Traders), in Ottawa. $1177.00 for the year. ($1000 deductible).

1 - 20 of 53 Posts