Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not to go off-topic on my own thread, but I was hoping that it was going to stop blipping after the install of the PV3 (even though others said it wouldn't stop). Of course, it still does it. If I'm a little slow on letting out the clutch, I only hear it. If I'm quicker, it kicks you forward. Annoying.

·
Bronze member
2,033 Posts
Healtech makes one. A few on social media have installed them. Doesn’t auto blip for downshifts but does cut ignition for them

Which tune do you have on the pv3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I installed the Healtech quickshifter a couple weeks ago and I've been back and forth with support for over a week trying to get it to operate correctly. For some reason it won't shift past half throttle. Even making the sensor as sensitive as possible it still gets stiff past half throttle. If I manage to get it to function correctly I'll update this post but for now wait for one that works without days worth of fiddling

·
Registered
36 Posts
Alright so after weeks of fiddling I can confirm that Healtech's quickshifter is just some generic unit that was obviously not tested with the FTR prior to them actually selling the thing. The last thing they told me to try was to swap the connectors for the ignition coils and that didn't work either. Washers, no washers, a good bit of messing with the software, tried everything.

They ended up telling me and I quote "FYI more FTR1200 customers reported similar issues so we will investigate this further. Maybe we need to develop a new part number for this model." So now I just have a $300 piece of plastic that doesn't do anything. Hoping Moore Speed Racing can issue a refund but yeah save your money. Maybe DynoJet will develop one that's actually tested for the bike first

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If they acknowledge that it doesn't perform the purpose for which it was designed / sold, they should buy it back from you, period.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If they acknowledge that it doesn't perform the purpose for which it was designed / sold, they should buy it back from you, period.
Yeah I'm not too worried about it. I've got weeks worth of emails between me and HealTech support so a refund should be a non issue

·
Bronze member
2,033 Posts
Glad I waited lol

IMG_9361.png

And yeah it’s the same unit with just different harnesses for different bikes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Glad to be the guinea pig. Honestly after all the frustrations it makes me a little happy that some people will see this and not have to go through the same bs

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I appreciate the beta testers. When it comes to certain things that I like to purchase, I can't stop myself from being the first one and it's bit me more than once. However, motorcycle kit is not one of them.

A quickshifter is the one thing that I really want that the bike doesn't have. I didn't know how much I wanted one until I rode bikes that have them (Monster 1200S, Diavel S, and Speed Triple RS). But I don't want one that is half-assing it. The Ducati quickshifter, for example, is great for upshifts but I found the downshift to be very clunky... which means that it works well for drag races but less so for normal riding. At least for me.

·
Bronze member
2,033 Posts
Glad to be the guinea pig. Honestly after all the frustrations it makes me a little happy that some people will see this and not have to go through the same bs
Check it out

There was another guy on the ig group who also got his worked out

·
Registered
36 Posts
Check it out

There was another guy on the ig group who also got his worked out

Maybe it’s fate because MSR told me this morning that UPS is unable to pick up my package today and they won’t accept drop offs. I guess I’ll rip it open and throw it back on real quick to test later today or tomorrow. If I get it working with the same settings I’ll let you guys know

1 - 20 of 22 Posts