Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
By the time I got done, it was dark and cold, so only got 30 miles today. Quick impressions: very nice bike... Nicer than I had remembered and possibly the best bike I had ridden out of the box. With very few mods, this bike will scream.

Very similar experience described by JayFL, so I won't repeat everything.

- Motor nice and torquey, reminds me very much of the venerable H-D 1200 EVO. Once tweaked, I am certain it will kick the EVO's ass all day long.
- Sound is good, a bit high-pitched and muffled, which is understandable with the stock cans.
- Shocks are meh. My husband who is 170 lb and used to high performance bikes was not at all impressed (but loved everything else about the bike, better hide the keys).
- As expected, the accessories (extended reach controls, seat, and handlebar) weren't in, but after riding it, I called and cancelled the order. The stock is fine.
- I scraped the pegs... Note to self, this is not a sport bike.
- Very short first gear. Normally I'd adjust the sprocket, but this bike shifts so nicely, might leave it as-is. Revisit once the break-in period is over.

I love the bike and my experience at the dealership. A shout-out to Amy and everyone else at Lone Star. Will get some more riding this week, and much better pictures (it was dark by the time I took this one on my phone).

Meggie

image.jpg

·
Registered
228 Posts
Meggie, she is a beautiful machine...I know you will love it. When did you place your preorder? I placed mine on 9-16

·
Registered
361 Posts
Congrats on your new ride, it's a beauty! Glad you were able to get it out for at least a short stint.

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Happy to see you have your bike. Please take time to give us your impressions as you spend sometime riding. Suggestion, 2nd gear starts, if 1st is to low why use it?

·
Registered
209 Posts
She looks pretty happy! :):)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Congrats, Looking good.:) Is that the new helmet you ordered?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My wife wanted me to get one of those, just because that is her name:)
No way! I love the Davida, and while I feel guilty wearing an open face helmet, this one is absolutely the best.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts