Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering paying for the remote tuning and most likely with Fuel Moto.
My performance upgrades include Venom Plenum intake w/54 mm TB(going to add 60 mm soon),Indian Stage 2 cams,Rinehart slip ons,w/stock headpipes,and PV3 with canned tunes...
My question is what is the ideal riding procedure when doing data logs? How many is usually required?
Thanks in advance.

·
Bronze member
2,292 Posts
My performance upgrades include Venom Plenum intake w/54 mm TB(going to add 60 mm soon),Indian Stage 2 cams,Rinehart slip ons,w/stock headpipes,and PV3 with canned tunes...
My question is what is the ideal riding procedure when doing data logs? How many is usually required?
Thanks in advance.
I am sure @CraigB1960 will give you clear instructions over the FM ARTS logging iterations ...
There are quite some dos and don'ts ... but first of all you start logging with a few of them (dos and dont's) and with further iterations they change :) and second: the list is long and highly dependent as well on "your equipment".
E.g. most folks do not have wideband (sensors and additional module) but want a good tune with pure narrow band logging and tuning ... For that e.g. Craig needs to prepare for you a special setting/tune JUST for the tuning procedure ... at the beginning more careful ... and with every new tune iteration more into the more extreme areas ;)

·
Silver member
4,719 Posts
Thanks in advance.
Unless you have an engine larger then 111", do not go bigger with the TB. The 54mm is perfect for this displacement. Spend the money on Rinehart Slimline Dual headers, a marked increase in performance with those.

It usually takes 10 "pulls" or cycles to dial an engine in. A lot depends on the base tune starting out. With a stage 2, the base is very well defined. The procedure is to use the mass of your motorcycle and the road to develop the load required for tuning. It is real-world tuning...you have wind drag, real weight and the dyno drum is the road.

I provide detailed instructions on how to ride to load your bike to produce the best data. Bottom line though, even just riding and letting it ramp up to 5k in 1st and 2nd gear produces a lot of data for correcting the tune.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unless you have an engine larger then 111", do not go bigger with the TB. The 54mm is perfect for this displacement. Spend the money on Rinehart Slimline Dual headers, a marked increase in performance with those.

It usually takes 10 "pulls" or cycles to dial an engine in. A lot depends on the base tune starting out. With a stage 2, the base is very well defined. The procedure is to use the mass of your motorcycle and the road to develop the load required for tuning. It is real-world tuning...you have wind drag, real weight and the dyno drum is the road.

I provide detailed instructions on how to ride to load your bike to produce the best data. Bottom line though, even just riding and letting it ramp up to 5k in 1st and 2nd gear produces a lot of data for correcting the tune.
Thanks for the reply,and advice,I am definately going to do this when the budget allows-less the slimline duals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts