Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Founding member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had Hertz ECX 130.5 speakers installed but found that the bass vibrates significantly. Had to adjust equalizer much lower on bass and volume has to be much lower. I did not have any baffling installed.

Quality of sound is not what I expected. Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance

Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Living the dream!
267 Posts
I wonder if your installer didn't reverse the polarity of the wiring? It is the first thing I check for the symptoms you have mentioned.

·
Founding member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which wire is positive on the ones coming from the bike

·
Bronze member
3,649 Posts
I recently had Hertz ECX 130.5 speakers installed but found that the bass vibrates significantly. Had to adjust equalizer much lower on bass and volume has to be much lower. I did not have any baffling installed.

Quality of sound is not what I expected. Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance

Wayne

The Polk MM series are the best bar none I have used. These are not the DB series but the higher end MM series. You can turn the volume to make with zero eq adjustment and the sound is crystal clear and no distortion.

·
Living the dream!
267 Posts
@streak I just went and pulled off the front fairing for another project, the gray/black is negative, gray is positive. Let me know if I need to take a picture please.

·
Founding member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@streak I just went and pulled off the front fairing for another project, the gray/black is negative, gray is positive. Let me know if I need to take a picture please.
I GREATLY appreciate that!!!

·
Bronze member
1,603 Posts
I have Hertz speakers and they are fantastic. I did pad the inside of the cavity with poly foam to reduce resonance. Check out my YouTube channel

·
Founding member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Last thing I did was add boom mats. With polarity corrected and boom mats installed I am extremely pleased. It isn’t quite as crisp as stereo on my last ultra but I had also put well over $1500 into that one. This upgrade was around $150 for speakers and boom mats. I’m very happy!

·
Living the dream!
267 Posts
I found some 'knock off" DynaMat on Amoz as well as the Hertz speakers. Think I am going to have to go ahead and do this one on both the front, and the back pair.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts