Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So question and I may sound dumb new to Indian and purchased used Classic. How do I tell if my pipes are Indian stage 1 exhaust system. Sincerly Joe
1587045617658118275685981388166.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Pretty sure it is stage 1. The fishtail tips from what understand only fit on stage one pipes. Also the bike should be a fuel module under the seat as well as a different air cleaner

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks. I know I dont have the heavy breather. And that would be my next step. Once I know for sure. And from what I've seen it I think they are stage 1 as well. Joe

·
Bronze member
3,350 Posts
if you don't have a air intake different than standard factory you are not quite to stage I... you have the exhaust, which doesn't require a new tune... your next step would be the air intake if you go factory it will come with a code card that your dealer will use to re-tune your bike... if you go aftermarket you will have to buy such a tune..

Reactions: Jagger241b

·
Registered
103 Posts
The exhaust pipes are definitely Indian stage one because the tips will only fit on these pipes. (I had mine recently installed.) The air cleaner mentioned above is the other half of “stage one” and may or may not have been done. You can tell just by comparing your air cleaner to the factory air cleaner. I only added the pipes and still have the factory air cleaner. The factory stage one pipes also come with a reflash of the ecm which the dealer will install if you have them install the pipes. General consensus seems to be that the reflash is not really necessary
C4D30DC5-31EA-4F88-8BCC-17B70E67A78F.jpeg
for the pipes only - nevertheless Indian does do it. The dealer will have to hook your bike up and tell you whether the reflash was done.

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
918 Posts
Get a K&N air filter to replace the factory filter, you'll be good to go.

Reactions: Jagger241b
1 - 9 of 9 Posts