Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for advice, getting ready to install speaker baffles, front is straight forward but the rear trunk looks a bit more challenging. Does the whole assembly attaching the trunk to the bike have to be disassembled? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Couldn't figure out how to delete the post, so I figured i would update. Had to pull the rear pillon off and the speaker grills/cushion support. Next I'll add the speaker baffles. Curious to see if they diminish the bass response as some have stated.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put in the Boom Mat Speaker Baffles yesterday. Did what another member did and cut them so the whole baffle fits inside the front ferring. Left a small surface area on the flange area of the baffle, it pushes up against the back side of the speaker hole. The area inside the ferring is small, they simply slide in. The results for the front were very good. The best way to put it is they tightened up the sound. It is clearer with a more defined sound and lower end punch. The bass is no longer muddy.

For the trunk speakers I cut the baffles way down and installed them. They sounded terrible. Nothing but midrage from the rear speakers. Pulled the rear baffles out.

Overall the sound is much better because of the improvement to the front speakers. Just a matter of time before a speaker upgrade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts