Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2019 Chieftain DH and the dealer installed a set of Indian Select grips. The left side rocks back and forth a tiny bit kinda like the throttle side does. Is this normal? The stock grip on the left side didn’t move at all on my 18 Springfield DH that I traded and I didn’t really pay attention to see if it moved at all with the stock grips on it because they installed the new ones before I took delivery

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I just bought a new 2019 Chieftain DH and the dealer installed a set of Indian Select grips. The left side rocks back and forth a tiny bit kinda like the throttle side does. Is this normal? The stock grip on the left side didn’t move at all on my 18 Springfield DH that I traded and I didn’t really pay attention to see if it moved at all with the stock grips on it because they installed the new ones before I took delivery
I had the select grips installed on my 2018 chieftain Limited and the left grip is rocksolid. I would take it back to the dealer. It shouldn’t move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the select grips installed on my 2018 chieftain Limited and the left grip is rocksolid. I would take it back to the dealer. It shouldn’t move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I called my dealer and they said it was normal because the new grips don’t use any adhesive like the stock ones. They said that the Select Grips are held on by fitting into a groove under the switch cube so they will rock a tiny bit. I wonder if your dealer also threw some adhesive under it to keep it locked in place?

·
German Rider
1,784 Posts
Since model year 2018 the left grip is glued. So, maybe no glue or not enough. Had the same thing on my Roadmaster with the heated grips. Left came loose the same way you described it. Back to the dealer, reglued it and solid it is. Till 2017 the was a screw to fix the left grip.

Cu,
Sven

·
German Rider
1,784 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
They didn't glue well and it broke loose.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Since model year 2018 the left grip is glued. So, maybe no glue or not enough. Had the same thing on my Roadmaster with the heated grips. Left came loose the same way you described it. Back to the dealer, reglued it and solid it is. Till 2017 the was a screw to fix the left grip.

Cu,
Sven
Yeah...my '17 has the screw for the left grip. Honestly, it is more of a PITA to remove and reinstall than just loosening the adhesive with WD40 and pulling the grip off on my old Honda...

Reactions: Demolition Man

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update: I ended up calling my dealer back and they did end up taking care of it for me. It’s rock solid now! Thanks for the feedback from everyone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts