Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I pulled over from riding to get a coffee at a Dunkin, kind of in a rough part of MA north shore. Main drag, but kind of empty. So there I was sitting in the lot, minding my business, eating a bit before the ride home.

Three guys in nondescript Harleys pulled in. Parked a few slots away from me. They talked a for a few seconds, then left without ordering anything, circling around the lot.

On the way out, I saw two were club members - one with a bottom half-circle, one full, one with none. Now I think of it, I suspect they were sussing me out.

My gear has zero logos, and I run a full-face, so I don’t look the part. Question is, was I doing anything stupid? Or just a coincidence?

·
Rider
374 Posts
I'm with Willy, if they wanted something from you you would know it. Pretty much MC members want nothing to do with you and will keep to themselves unless you give them a reason. Show respect, get respect that means if you leave them alone they'll leave you alone. Sitting in a parking lot eating a nut and sipping Java is not something that draws attention.

·
Rider
717 Posts
Couldn’t agree more. And keep in mind, MCs are not what you see on TV or any of the crime shows. We don’t go around looking to start trouble or act all badass. We are normal guys who love to ride and share a brotherhood. We are a mix of blue and white collar workers, fathers, husbands, come from all walks of religion, and put our pants on the same way everyone else does. That being said, are there some bad apples? Of course, just as in every other section of society there are a few less desirable men who wear a patch. But their actions are theirs alone.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m just curious, really. I know I didn’t do anything stupid.

They weren’t looking at my scout, no eye contact, didn’t order food, and went out of their way to stop right next to me in a sea of deserted parking lots up and down the strip.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably coincidence or maybe wanted to see what kind of bike you have. I’m in an MC and honestly we don’t even notice single riders unless you’re going out of your way to be seen.
Sounds like a full patch member, a probate/prospect, and a Hangaround.
Ah, makes sense.

Due to the virus, I do stick out like a sore thumb on my shiny red Scout, on a completely deserted strip.

·
Rider
717 Posts
I’m just curious, really. I know I didn’t do anything stupid.

They weren’t looking at my scout, no eye contact, didn’t order food, and went out of their way to stop right next to me in a sea of deserted parking lots up and down the strip.
Next time say hello lol. I would’ve parked next to you too. Never know who you might meet. Could make a new friend, meet another club member and extend a friendly hand, or find out someone is in need of assistance.

·
Registered
122 Posts
What MC was it? I'm in vegas and ride with the union ironworkers mc occasionally, we've been on rides with 1%er clubs never had a problem.

Dont be scared just ride your bike.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Next time say hello lol. I would’ve parked next to you too. Never know who you might meet. Could make a new friend, meet another club member and extend a friendly hand, or find out someone is in need of assistance.
They were definitely not into that. They avoided eye contact when I looked over to nod.

Only realized they were club guys only when they left and saw the backs of their jackets.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What MC was it? I'm in vegas and ride with the union ironworkers mc occasionally, we've been on rides with 1%er clubs never had a problem.

Dont be scared just ride your bike.
Wasn’t scare. I know what not to do, but I also know I don’t know everything.

Don’t remember the club name.

Maybe it’s the opposite? Maybe they were checking to see if I was a member of a different club or (worse) a poser.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sounds like they were practicing social distancing and were waiting on you to leave so they could grab a hot chocolate and some sprinkle donuts ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts