Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I was lazy and super glued my gators which were perfect for sometime now it's scrunched up. For all the guys who installed them properly do you guys have this problem over time ? I have a new set on hand just need to know.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
That looks normal to me. I think they might be longer than they need to be. Usually they have a tiny vent hole somewhere so that they can "breathe" when compressing and uncompressing.

·
Rider
451 Posts
Guys (especially @bladetech8), I just measured mine. At the resting length (with the top three stuck together, as in OPs picture) for my 666760 fork boots, the length is 5.5". Making the shorter, 666765, version a full half inch too short at it's extended length of 5.0 inches. Sorry for thinking the shorter version may work.

·
Diamond member
8,490 Posts
Mine do that. It's because they are to long. And no they don't sort out and always are like that. But, I don't care. I barley notice it.

·
Rider
360 Posts
Peal the top open a bit and squirt in some oil. Let it work in for a day or two and then work it around by hand. Frees up the binding nice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts