Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the factory tour our local IMRG group took last week did not see the Indian lines in operation, but the Slingshot line was working. There were many, many Indian motorcycles there awaiting shipment. When asked about the bikes and how many were sold, the answer was that EVERY vehicle in the plant was sold, even the Slingshots. They are very far behind. I guess that is good news.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Sounds good to me.

I have seen a lot of Polaris commercials while watching football this past week end.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yeah! Their sold to the dealer, but how many to John Q. Public?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The factories job is to keep dealers supplied, so yes they are all sold to their dealers. How many the dealers have sold is the real question.

·
Registered
497 Posts
A line not running and a lot full of bikes suggests they are over-meeting the dealer demand. Saw this at the Big Dog Factory a couple of times.

Syncing up production with dealer requests/purchases is difficult. Harley has done it for years by running 1,2, or 3 shifts and standing down shifts as needed. When things we tough they drop a few days of production and do production line maintenance and upgrades. The supply/demand cycle for these bikes is still pretty new so I wouldn't read too much into this. I'd expect the Slingshot production line to be at full tilt for a while while they build up inventory.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I recently spoke with one dealer who had a number of bike sold but couldn't get delivery of them. Now that is bad business. Customers get antsy if they have to wait too long for a bike to arrive.

·
Super Moderator
4,909 Posts
I recently spoke with one dealer who had a number of bike sold but couldn't get delivery of them. Now that is bad business. Customers get antsy if they have to wait too long for a bike to arrive.
...and parts!!!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,115 Posts
Yeah! Their sold to the dealer, but how many to John Q. Public?
I went to Chesapeake Cycle in Annapolis MD last week. They had 40 pre-ordered Scouts so I'd say a LARGE percentage if not all of them have been sold to John Q. Public.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I went to Chesapeake Cycle in Annapolis MD last week. They had 40 pre-ordered Scouts so I'd say a LARGE percentage if not all of them have been sold to John Q. Public.
Goat,
40? Yikes! I was just up there yesterday... had no idea they had sold that many. Wow!
...MDHahawk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts