Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Vintage; I'll be having Stage 2 cams installed and would like to bolt on a better flowing air filter. Slip on's are already on the bike.

Anyone here use these Wimmer's? If so, what do you think about them.... good - bad? Is the flow comparable to the high flow Indian filters?
Price is reasonable so.... what say you?

Or, would a high flow K&N under the bed pan work. Being retired is great but it doesn't pay all that well :rolleyes:. I don't mind the bed pan look and if I can save a few $$ all is good.

Thanks in advance (o:

·
Bronze member
2,950 Posts
You might have already checked this post on wimmers . Just click on the post below .

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might have already checked this post on wimmers . Just click on the post below .
Thanks!! I remember that thread but when I did a search, I didn't see/find it.

·
Rider
791 Posts
any thoughts on OP's other part of the ? would a high flow K&N under the bed pan work, w/ Stage 2 cams?

·
German rider
723 Posts
any thoughts on OP's other part of the ? would a high flow K&N under the bed pan work, w/ Stage 2 cams?
If you think about performance and OEM Bed Pan, it is NOT related to any 'performance' filter element like K&N.

OEM filter is fine with OEM Bed Pan.
To gain any performance at the intake side you have to modify the whole assembley or change to aftermarket filter housings.

·
Registered
51 Posts
2015 Vintage; I'll be having Stage 2 cams installed and would like to bolt on a better flowing air filter. Slip on's are already on the bike.

Anyone here use these Wimmer's? If so, what do you think about them.... good - bad? Is the flow comparable to the high flow Indian filters?
Price is reasonable so.... what say you?

Or, would a high flow K&N under the bed pan work. Being retired is great but it doesn't pay all that well :rolleyes:. I don't mind the bed pan look and if I can save a few $$ all is good.

Thanks in advance (o:
I have the same year vintage with Stage II Cam and Stage I Pipes with the Wimmer and Dobeck tuner....nothing but good Amigo!
Love the look and lots of air flow

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you think about performance and OEM Bed Pan, it is NOT related to any 'performance' filter element like K&N.

OEM filter is fine with OEM Bed Pan.
To gain any performance at the intake side you have to modify the whole assembley or change to aftermarket filter housings.
So, with a hi flow K&N filter the restriction is not due to the filter element, but due to the OEM filter housing? If so, can the OEM housing be opened up to allow better flow, or flow enough air to acommodate the stage 2 cams?

·
German rider
723 Posts
So, with a hi flow K&N filter the restriction is not due to the filter element, but due to the OEM filter housing? If so, can the OEM housing be opened up to allow better flow, or flow enough air to acommodate the stage 2 cams?
There are some nice opened covers, some drilled or lifted as a whole.
And then there is the throttle body tube, which reaches wide onto the top of the filter element (incidentally like the KN has in the same dimension).
If you machine the tube a 1/4" shorte, lets say make it plan to the rubber seal, then there is much less restriction INSIDE the filter element.
Wrote about it a few years ago in this forum.

·
Rider
1,072 Posts
Wimmer for $350 looks like the way to go, it's a great value for the money, I'm not an expert, but this is the intake I would buy instead of the Indian intake, and save $170! Win win! They also offer a Rain Sock, that's always good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts