Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back there was a thread here and it suggested putting a certain household product on the white walls after cleaning so they would stay clean longer, does anyone remember what that product was?
Thanks,
Greg

·
Rider
1,658 Posts
I use the kitchen sos with the pink detergent / bleach and it works fine no scrubbing required. I just lightly go over the white walls with a wet sos pad and spin the wheel while it’s on a jack takes me 10 minutes tops

·
Silver member
5,016 Posts
I think it was liquid pledge after cleaning but can't remember for sure?
It's Scotch Guard. I use SG on my Vintage WWs. Doesn't seem to help keep them whiter/cleaner much longer, but does make it faster/easier to clean them the next time. Brake dust and road grime seems to come off more easily. After cleaning I spray the SG on a paper towel and wipe it onto the WW. Quick'n simple.

·
Rider
1,011 Posts
As WillyH said, Scotch Guard is probably what the OP was after. I have used it and agree with Willy, not sure if it helps keep them white for longer time (maybe it does), but cleaning the wheels afterwards (using Simple Green) is much easier, the grime and dirt seems to wash off, and not much scrubbing required.
I just spray it directly onto the white walls.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I was @ a Manufactures car show... 1 Sales guy mention Mineral water and normal wash cloth... Hmm?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts