Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about the color indication on the power button on the chief dark horse 2018.

When you bower on without having the fob the button suppose to be constantly red. Correct?
When you dial in you 4 digit activation code does the color changes to green? Or no color at all?

Likewise, if you power on with the fob near the bike, is the bower button suppose to be green or no color at all?

·
Silver member
5,038 Posts
The button color is always red.

When you power it on it will blink once, which means it pinged and recognized your fob.

When you power on without the FOB it will remain constant red as it is continuously seeking the FOB, but cannot find it so it stays lite. Once you dial in your code and hit the start button the light just goes out.

Also when you shift into gear under normal FOB operation the power button will blink again to reconfirm the FOB is in range.

The power button is never green.

The only green power button is the spot light button on the nacelle, which you would not have on a Darkhorse unless you add the spots. Currently, yours should just be a plastic plug. Branded of course!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The button color is always red.

When you power it on it will blink once, which means it pinged and recognized your fob.

When you power on without the FOB it will remain constant red as it is continuously seeking the FOB, but cannot find it so it stays lite. Once you dial in your code and hit the start button the light just goes out.

Also when you shift into gear under normal FOB operation the power button will blink again to reconfirm the FOB is in range.

The power button is never green.

The only green power button is the spot light button on the nacelle, which you would not have on a Darkhorse unless you add the spots. Currently, yours should just be a plastic plug. Branded of course!
Thank you for your prompt explanation. For some reason I got confused and though that it used to turn green (or blue) after dialing in the pin. Perhaps I got confused because I do have the spot lights installed.

·
Silver member
5,038 Posts
Your welcome. That's why we are all here to help each other learn about all things Indian. And all things from any Indian era...

Reactions: dieselgman

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Your welcome. That's why we are all here to help each other learn about all things Indian. And all things from any Indian era...
I agree 100% and would add this would be one of the best forums to get information or help. I am a proud member and love the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts