Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just finished installing an Eagle Gen 2 with Halo in my base Challenger. Something I noticed... When I push the bike "on" power button to test the headlight, there's no response until I rock the beam switch to high beams... then I get high beams. When I rock the switch back to low beam, the Halo turns on and runs from there.

I watched several youtube videos about installing the same light in the Challenger. When the work was completed, I noticed they had the same test results that I had... no Halo until the switch had been rocked once.

My question:
1) Is this just the way it works with the Eagle lights?
2) Maybe the Challenger stock light works this way as well, and I just never noticed?
3) Maybe the Halo ring comes on when the engine starts? (didn't try starting the motor because I have some other upgrades that are in progress).

I'm not particularly worried, but would love to know how it all works so I won't waste time wondering. I figured this is the place to ask.

Thanks for the benefit of your experience.

EDIT/UPDATE:
I just found another video where the Challenger was started up inside a showroom. I noticed the stock light was dark until the bike was put in gear... I'm guessing that's the way it's designed. Would still love some confirmation from anyone who's swapped out the headlight.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I just installed an eagle light in my 2019 chieftain and it does the same thing before start up.

Phil

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,628 Posts
I've noticed my headlight doesn't turn on until after the bike has been started and it running for a second or 2. Probably an attempt to help with power draw.

Reactions: Gman1

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TNINJUN,
My wife says she sees a dramatic difference during our rides. Haven’t been out at night yet. I would estimate at least a 35% improvement.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,628 Posts
I've been doing a bit of research into this. The Eagle light looks good, some of the JWSpeaker based designs look good as well. From what I can tell, some of the fitment issues are because of how the headlight is housed. Custom Dynamics TruBeam is an example. It's deeper so they can't guarantee fitment. I'm wondering if the same is true with Eagle and the GenIII. I sent them a note a while back but haven't heard back yet.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I simply want to know how bright at night the Eagle is compared to stock. The stock headlamp is really not that good unless on high beam. There has to be something better out there.

Can anyone make a recommendation on some really good driving lights?

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I installed an Eagle in my wife’s scout a week before I installed mine. It’s easily twice as bright as her old stock one. She’s a stickler for being visible in the daylight, and she’s happy with it.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,628 Posts
I really like the MotoLights I have installed. I went a little a little far with my install but they look like they were meant to be there and are clean looking. Moto Light Install

I was following my Brother in Law in light rain and he said they were drowning out the stock headlight after a little distance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rumor has it that Indian is coming out with another headlight that turns as the bike turns next month, I don't know if it is any brighter than the original light though. Also, I have heard that Indian is coming out with lights that will attach to the crash bars. Stay tuned...

·
Bronze member
4,886 Posts
Rumor has it that Indian is coming out with another headlight that turns as the bike turns next month, I don't know if it is any brighter than the original light though. Also, I have heard that Indian is coming out with lights that will attach to the crash bars. Stay tuned...

Its not a rumour, its simply an Adaptive LED Head light just like the adaptive JW speaker lights. Its on the Jack Daniels 2021 Roadmaster

·
Registered
615 Posts
My Eagle Halo LED light was installed in my '19 CDH in approximately 5 minutes. It truly was plug and play
I had a Victory CCT before this Indian and bought some cheap Chinese knock off LED light because, at the time, Victory wanted some insane amount for it's LED upgraded headlight. It worked fine, but I had to dremel the heatsinks on the back of the Chinese headlight to get it to fit in the "bucket" of the Vic. But no such fitment issues with the Eagle Halo light.

I've been doing a bit of research into this. The Eagle light looks good, some of the JWSpeaker based designs look good as well. From what I can tell, some of the fitment issues are because of how the headlight is housed. Custom Dynamics TruBeam is an example. It's deeper so they can't guarantee fitment. I'm wondering if the same is true with Eagle and the GenIII. I sent them a note a while back but haven't heard back yet.
I thought the stock headlight was good - until I got caught in a rain storm, at night. That's when I immediately went shopping for an upgrade. Although I haven't gotten caught in a rainstorm at night yet, I can say (and the Wife can vouch) that the Eagle Halo light is a MARKED improvement over the stock LED Indian headlight.

I simply want to know how bright at night the Eagle is compared to stock. The stock headlamp is really not that good unless on high beam. There has to be something better out there.

·
Registered
615 Posts
The Eagle Halo light is much better than stock light. I have to raise the aim on mine, I'm also planning to add running / fog lights it dark here in the country.

Reactions: TNINJUN
1 - 15 of 15 Posts