Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my bars from Dean Speed , throwing things together as a general mock up to see how everything lines up and I have a slight concern . The bar knurling is quite a bit off on both sides, with 60 plus percent of the knurling not even close to being in the clamps and they're super tight in the clamps which I'm assuming is front the thick powder coat.

Take a look at the attached photo if you would and tell me what you guys think . I have the bars as tight as I can get them and there's still a minimal gap between the clamps , they do not sit flush .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A gap between the lower and upper clamps is necessary. If the clamps were touching, there would be no compressive force on the handlebar, and it would not hold. The knuckling issue is not a big deal, if you have proper torque on those bolts. Is the handlebar secure? If it is you are probably good to go.
My honest answer is yes , they are secure I tried to tear them off the bike as I was pushing and pulling on the bars as hard as i possibly could and did some quick stop tests and no movement whatsoever . They may be overtightened a bit , I hammered on them a little so ill back them off and retighten . I'm just slightly paranoid I guess , I spent the last 18 years on sportbikes and have mousetrapped from loose bars on a dirtbike more than once lol .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts