Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1961 - 1980 of 2024 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,299 Posts
Per Health.com (quoting the CDC), since October 1st of 2019, at least 12,000 people have died from the flu and the number may be as high as 30,000. Also, up to 31 million Americans have caught the flu just this season, with approximately 300,000 being hospitalized. Just in case anyone wants to check facts on our quotes thread.
?
Thanks for that I want to dispute anything just curious about the time span of the numbers claimed.
I meant to being a bit of mixed feelings I don't think there's anything greatly to panic about but I also do think the authorities in all the countries should have done more quicker for quarantine and prevention.

A fortnight quarantine minimum if you come from any country that's got it (I mean back when it first came of notice)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for that I want to dispute anything just curious about the time span of the numbers claimed.
I meant to being a bit of mixed feelings I don't think there's anything greatly to panic about but I also do think the authorities in all the countries should have done more quicker for quarantine and prevention.
The flu numbers are low. There are over 400 cases in the US currently.

John Hopkins Coronavirus tracking

They were never going to stop it because it is too contagious. What people keep forgeting though it is just the flu. We are all going to get it, might as well not panic.

·
Bronze member
2,169 Posts
Per Health.com (quoting the CDC), since October 1st of 2019, at least 12,000 people have died from the flu and the number may be as high as 30,000. Also, up to 31 million Americans have caught the flu just this season, with approximately 300,000 being hospitalized. Just in case anyone wants to check facts on our quotes thread.
?
I think the real issue is the unknown fatality rate of the new strain of virus. The standard flu strains seem to hover around 1% and some estimates have the corona strain at (possibly) over 3%. The 1918 flu was supposedly 2% or so.

It may not actually be that high but if it is then you multiple those numbers you have above by 3 and then you get a bigger issue to deal with.

But I already have toilet paper and water stored and food so I am just watching the effects of wide-spread panic amongst the population. Imagine if there was some sort of Internet/TV outage coupled with the virus and you could have people killing each other over a roll of toilet paper.

Hope things go better than they seem to be going now.

·
Bronze member
1,299 Posts
I think the real issue is the unknown fatality rate of the new strain of virus. The standard flu strains seem to hover around 1% and some estimates have the corona strain at (possibly) over 3%. The 1918 flu was supposedly 2% or so.

It may not actually be that high but if it is then you multiple those numbers you have above by 3 and then you get a bigger issue to deal with.

But I already have toilet paper and water stored and food so I am just watching the effects of wide-spread panic amongst the population. Imagine if there was some sort of Internet/TV outage coupled with the virus and you could have people killing each other over a roll of toilet paper.

Hope things go better than they seem to be going now.
on our local news recently there was a 3 woman's slapdown fight in an eastern state Woolworths over toilet rolls...

We're really only one extended power outage away from barbarism.

·
Rider
862 Posts
Can we stick to the topic please

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1961 - 1980 of 2024 Posts