Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  1. Hey everyone after my gear recall and service my bike felt a little off, idk but it wasn't how it was before I took it in, anyways tried to reflash map tune and nothing is showing tried to update and redo. Do I need an updated tune?dealer said they didnt touch ecm. Anyone else has/had issues after gear recall?

·
Bronze member
4,459 Posts
  1. Hey everyone after my gear recall and service my bike felt a little off, idk but it wasn't how it was before I took it in, anyways tried to reflash map tune and nothing is showing tried to update and redo. Do I need an updated tune?dealer said they didnt touch ecm. Anyone else has/had issues after gear recall?
you will most likely need to do a new ECU read with the PVCX and send the current tune and info to FM or Dynojet. When the dealers do the VCM flash it will update the ECU as well if it doesn’t match the current digital wrench. What most likely happened, they put a new factory tune on the ECU that is no longer compatible with the aftermarket tunes. So they need to be made compatible.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you will most likely need to do a new ECU read with the PVCX and send the current tune and info to FM or Dynojet. When the dealers do the VCM flash it will update the ECU as well if it doesn’t match the current digital wrench. What most likely happened, they put a new factory tune on the ECU that is no longer compatible with the aftermarket tunes. So they need to be made compatible.
Ah of course! Thanks Baron58 Just wanted to make sure 🤙

1 - 3 of 3 Posts