Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have your attention, I have some knocking issues whilst tuning using my PVCX. Just trying to crowdsource some data here. Has anyone else had knocking with an Indian Stage 2 reflash while tuning using the PVCX? @CraigB1960 recommended starting with an Indian Stage 1 flash and going from there. I am running the bike with a Dynojet tune now and it’s pretty much garbage. Please advise.

·
Bronze member
1,589 Posts
Nope, I've flashed my bike several times with no issues. Sorry to hear you're having problems. Did you get your PVCX from Fuel Moto? If so contact them and get a new free tune or try a brand new fresh download and re-program your bike.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s nanners. Mine was knocking so bad I almost crashed it to make it stop. I’m going to scope the cylinders tomorrow and see if I wrecked em.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I’ve had great results from the PVCX tune until riding in Tennessee with alcohol gas at 3500 ft. Never an issue in Canada with our fuels at any altitude. I’m in Calgary at 3300 ft. Cheers BB

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I had the stage 2 cams installed with the factory tune then rode back from Sydney to my home town in Newcastle about 100 miles north of Sydney it felt ok but a week later got the PVCX installed with the Dyno tune that took 2.5 days to make sure it was done correctly along with allowing for a cold start check on the last day and the bike has never ran better. I am hoping for the same results after the new 116 big bore kit is installed, ran in and tuned with my PVCX.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Maybe relevant, may not be...

I had a road glide ultra a few years back and had it canned map with a V&H Fuelpak. It wouldn't rev above 3000rpm, surged and knocked. The fuelpak was supposed to auto-tune. I ended up calling V&H and they recommended a different canned map that seemed to get rid of all the problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts