Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

PVCX help needed

3314 29
So, I have a 2018 Springfield with no engine modifications what-so-ever and this isn't something I want to change. I like the airbox design and I love the exhaust note as-is. However, I really don't like that clack coming from the engine nor do I like the heat and vibration from the engine. All I want to do is enrich the air/fuel ratio so the bike runs better.

Now, I have purchased a PVCX but I need a map for a stock bike with an enriched mixture. I have searched online for such a map but have come up empty. I know that I will likely still have to tweak things afterward but I would like a place to start. My motorcycle is in the shop for warranty work (post coming in due course) but they are also going to upload this map file, if I can get one.

Does anyone possess such a map?
Reactions: Geoff-3
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Silver member
4,072 Posts
I’m moving from FM downloaded tunes to a dyno custom tune on most of my Indians. There is no sustitute for a professional tune on a single bike. JMO.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had my first decently long ride on the new-to-me Roadmaster this past weekend. It was warm out, not hot, but my right foot was burning. I decided I had to do something, and just finished this mess about an hour ago. Was not an easy job, everything from removing the exhaust system and onward needed a lot of grunt. Or I was doing something wrong. Anyway, need to take it to a shop tomorrow to have it buttoned up, as I have no clue how to weld

Attachments

·
Silver member
5,249 Posts
I am not sure why you wouldn't switch to a Stage one setup. The pipes are not really that much louder and give you better air flow out of the pipes. And I have to say with a good PCVX tune and stage one setup you will be impressed when that throttle is turned about 1/2 way. I can literally hear the big air sucking in when I get on the throttle and feel a real difference in quick acceleration.

The other thing you should do with your PCVX is change your throttle response and I am sure you will love it.

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Reading through here I have to disagree with some of this. In closed loop the computer is set to run an air fuel ratio of 14.7:1 that is considered optimal. Not rich or lean, closed loop the computer is monitoring the air fuel ratio. Open loop the computer isn’t monitoring it and does get richer around 13:1, but that is a guess, you are running open loop no feedback from the O2 sensors. Just like a carburetor from from the last decade.
There is more than a single tune for stage 1 to 3 for the PVCX, it is yours take it home contact Dynojet and they should help. Your dealer doesn’t have your best interest at heart.
You can remove the catalytic material from the factory pipe for a loT less.

Jackpot 2/1/2 Stainless Steel Head Pipe For Indian Motorcycles

Powerflex Header (Made from your own)

·
Bronze member
2,738 Posts
No, you understood correctly. I checked the Fuel Moto website and I can call them for a map if I purchased the tuner elsewhere. I'm just trying to see if someone already has a map that I can start with.
Contact Craig B he may be able to help you Iam not 100% but his the man everyone on here loves .Knows his tunes and way around the Indian Tunes.

·
Bronze member
2,738 Posts
Yeah their Cat-less pipe runs about $1k. I can't recall if they said that was parts and labor or just parts.
I bought a near new rear header ,gutted mine my self and got my nephew to weld it up for me last weekend , and next Tuesday getting it fitted ,the change for that is around 2 hours labour and replacing the gaskets to be safe while I have the header off . If I get what I am looking for with the noise level the next move is a PVCX and custom Dyno tune. Just one word of advise if you intend to do anything else with your bike ,such as cams, hi flow filter or exhaust etc., Don't waste money on a tune till you have it all done ,then do it once .Saves you a lot of cost by tuning once and not every time you do up grades.

·
Bronze member
2,738 Posts
This guy does a very clean CAT removal and weld up, as well as repainting with high temp ceramic paint. Worth watching
Another Australian you tuber lol .I did the same thing and can only add that yes the exhaust does breath better ,sounds great with the nice deep rumble but here in Australia is way way over the 94db we are allowed with the cat deleted . Let alone if you got caught with no cat the EPA, would have field day.My last Road Master idol was114 db so the testing RPM limits they test the noise level is around 2,400 to 2,500 RPM And that 114 db increased heaps at the RPM. The new and present one has the cat in and yes it has the heat issue as all of them Doha lot of that's been tuned out with the custom dyno tune once I added the PVCX ,but it is still there and noticeable .If I thought I could get away with no cat and the noise I would love too have it deleted again,but the repercussions with our tuff laws is not worth going down that track. Some guys don't care and the guys in the Video loves what he did too. So that is their choice and I wish them well. Get caught it cost you a lot of dollars, if a exhaust shop does it the fine is over $44,000.00 to them plus loss of their traders license .

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.