Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i’m About to install Tab Performance exhaust on the Chieftain. Kind of new to the tune and exactly how this will work. The kit comes with the Hi-FloA/c, exhaust, and PV3 tune. So the question is this: Do I perform the tune myself? Is it a pre-set tune, I choose, plug it in, and download it to the bike? Can the tune be changed, is it only a one use tune or can I reinstall if I decide to go with a different A/c?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
If you want it finely tuned, then use their add-on Remote Tuning Service and they will lead you through the process begin-to-end. You can probably do it yourself if you have a lot of patience and willing to take your time getting it done while learning the process. Yes, you can start with a canned tune from Fuel Moto for instance, but it will likely require a bit more than that to get the finer adjustments done. You can change things over time as you need to and with other hardware changes that you make to the bike. The device is married to only 1 bike though and it cannot be used on another without a hefty fee to make the changeover.
That said, your list of options should not be too difficult to match with something that Fuel Moto has already developed. This is good because you can just try one of their existing tunes and it may prove good enough for you without adding any extra expense.

·
Registered
211 Posts
i just did mine from Fuel moto. I got SS A/C and PV3 (already had stage one pipes)
Once I received the PV3 I had to download my program from my bikes ECM and send it to them, and request a new program.

In a couple days I received the new program by email.

I had to download "Dynojet power core software" "which they provide the link to" in order to convert the new program to match the bike

Load the converted program into the PV3

Then download into the bike.

It really wasn't as difficult as it sounds, unless you are completely computer illiterate like me.

The program that come with it, made the throttle very touchy, and it ran like a bat outa hell. It was fun but it also made my motor make rattle noises, and my MPG stayed the same (about 37.5)

I contacted CraigB1960 (on this forum) who writes programs for PV3"s and he sent me 2 programs to try out. The first one really smoothed out the throttle, got rid of the motor rattle, and improved the MPG to 40.5 for stop& go, or interstate, and 42 for long country roads with few stop signs.
I was very happy with this one and never tried the second.
He is a great guy and does this service for donations, which allows him to keep developing new programs. I sent him a donation, and have been happy with it since.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts