Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the PV3 ordered and getting ready. Over rode the auto shut down and plugged in battery tender. Not sure where it will plug in. Is there an open plug somewhere? Under left side cover? I’m sure it will be in the directions but I’m just anxious. I couldn’t find a YouTube video on it.

·
Bronze member
2,251 Posts
Under the left side cover there is a fuse box ... below that you will find a bulky plug pushed on a "holder".
Press the tab on the plug rear and pull it out: voila!
Your PV3 cable has one end to go on that cable end ... connect every thing then switch bike power on. Your PV3 screen will light up.

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,251 Posts
Does the battery need to be on a tender when uploading files?
I've never done that ...
(not sure I want any noisy charging signal while I have the PVx connected and flashing my ECU!!!)

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got my PV3. Plugged into the bike and it found the stk file and the file they sent - 29002007.djt. Tried to upload and when finished, shut off bike and tried to restart - nothing and I get the following:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just flashed my chieftain last week, no problem. I would say charge the battery and try it again. I would also get a tune from CraigB. I am very pleased!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts