Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a (maybe stupid) question about the PV3.

I updated the PV3 and it erased all the tunes on it. I thought i was clever by saving them on my laptop before and uploading them back.

It worked for all the .djt files but my .stk doesn t show anymore when i plug the PV3 on the bike. (And it s on the PV3 memory)

I was thinking of:
  • running a "read ecu" gain
  • or a "restore ecu"
  • or simply renaming the .stk in .djt

But before doing something stupid i prefer to ask ;)

Any idea how to fix it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was Ryan but i thought one of pour tune wizard here could have face the same issue 😋

·
Silver member
4,630 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a (maybe stupid) question about the PV3.

I updated the PV3 and it erased all the tunes on it. I thought i was clever by saving them on my laptop before and uploading them back.

It worked for all the .djt files but my .stk doesn t show anymore when i plug the PV3 on the bike. (And it s on the PV3 memory)

I was thinking of:
  • running a "read ecu" gain
  • or a "restore ecu"
  • or simply renaming the .stk in .djt
But before doing something stupid i prefer to ask ;)

Any idea how to fix it?
With version 2.9xxxxxx firmware for the PV3, it no longer displays the STK file when you pull up the Flash Menu. To see the STK file, you need to pull up the Flash Menu and press the button with the circle on it to "Change Modes". The screen will now show the STK file(s). To change back, hit the button again or escape and hit the Flash Menu again.

I hate this new feature, it has caused a lot of confusion. Dynojet is changing back to the old way of showing all the flashable files in the Flash Menu with the soon to be released 2.10 firmware.

Now on your other note, the files that were on your PV3 were supplied by Dynojet. Most of them are not compatible with your bike's ECU (not the same Tune CMP/Checksum) therefore when paired, the PV3 deletes all the non-compatible tunes. This is another sore spot for me, I wish they would ship with nothing on the device. They have a good Tune Web Service where you upload your PV_Info.txt file and provide your email address (might have to verify your address) and then it will display all the compatible tunes for your bike. It is up to you to pick the right tune that matches your bike's configuration. This is the best way to get a Dynojet tune as they update it as they add more configurations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts