Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I’m posting this in the right part of the forum. I have a 2019 Chieftan Darkhorse And just bought a PV3 from Dynojet. Here is the question: I have the Indian hI-flow(round style) Intake, Reinhart slip on’s and Lloydz 558 cams. The dealer flashed it with the stage 2 Indian tune. I emailed Dynojet about a tune specific for my bike since none of their options have that Indian air cleaner. They told me that there was a tune already in the PV3 That would work just fine. Tune # 29002912. The only difference is that instead of the Indian air cleaner, it is a Lloydz intake. Does it make any difference?

·
Rider
658 Posts
Shouldn’t. Not much difference in the flow of 99% of the round filter intakes. The bigger question is does the tune match the cams. THAT is much more important! I would ask @CraigB1960 . He is the PV3 guru

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tune is for Lloydz intake, Lloydz 558 cams and Rinehart slip-ons. It’s a match other than the intake. Love to hear from the expert too.

·
Rider
986 Posts
Should work well. Like @wassup77 said the cams matching is the important issue. Most High flow air filters flow the same amount of air and according to the Fuel Moto dynos, maybe not that much more than stock. The cams utilizing the air is the important piece.

I am sure that CraigB will be along soon to help. If you bought your PV3 from Fuel Moto then you could send your STK and INFO files to Fuel Moto and CraigB would send you a couple of tunes to try and they probably would work better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just sent him a message as well. Unfortunately I bought it direct from Dynojet. I emailed Fuelmoto and since I bought from Dynojet they just referenced me to their phone number and website. Understandable.

·
Silver member
4,670 Posts
The tune is for Lloydz intake, Lloydz 558 cams and Rinehart slip-ons. It’s a match other than the intake. Love to hear from the expert too.
It will work fine with regards to the different A/C's. I have not looked at their 2019 TS111 with 558 cams, but their tuner is real good and has an Indian himself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I got out to the shop and hooked the PV3 up. After it read the ECM It told me all files were located. I went to the proper tune and selected flash and got “ERROR. INVALID GUID, FILE IS LOCKED TO ANOTHER DEVICE. “ Why am I getting this error?

·
Silver member
4,670 Posts
DynoJet tunes have a bug in some that that problem. It has to be cleared by opening it in Powercore.

If you want to send me the djt file to me at indiantuning at gmail dot com. I will fix and get it right back to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DynoJet tunes have a bug in some that that problem. It has to be cleared by opening it in Powercore.

If you want to send me the djt file to me at indiantuning at gmail dot com. I will fix and get it right back to you.
Email sent to [email protected]. Sorry it took so long. I live in the sticks with crappy internet. Took a little while.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the solid hook up Craig. Worked like a charm. Bike even cranked right up on the first try. Been super hard starting in this cold for the last few weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts