Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to flash in my Bassani low mount tune. After my FTR was in for warranty service, the dealer installed the new factory tune. He did this
even after I asked them not to. I contacted Fuel Moto and they sent me the update for the PV3, which I installed. Now when the tuner is connected to the computer I can see all the tune files. However when installed on the bike it shows only the new stock tune file. Nothing else. I am trying to figure out if
it is me, the tuner, or the ECU. I have an email in to Lucas at FM, but thought I might ask here as well. I am riding with the new factory flash, runs ok but terrible popping on deceleration, I mean real bad. Any advice would be great.

Axemurderer

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
The firmware of your PV-3 needs updated, and you need to download a new flash that is compatible with the new ECU software your dealer just installed.

contact the tuner you bought your previous map from.

edit: you already did the above, especially updating the PV-3 firmware?

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Some dealer updates change elements of the ECM that mean your previous tune is no longer compatible. JBond refers to this when he mentions checksum. This is an ID number that the tune needs to match. When they change the checksum the tune needs to have the new checksum entered into it.

FuelMoto will probably ask you to do another read of the bike to see what the new checksum is. Then they can send you a tune that matches.

I think CraigB did a checksum change for me one time, but it's probably two years ago and not a strong memory.

Think of it like this:
Not all Indians use the same tune, your FTR tune will not work in my Springfield. However, my Springfield tune won't work on all TS111 bikes either. To keep tunes separated into matching bikes they have this ID system built in and if the checksums don't match then the bike just won't recognise the tune.

It would be good to have a tutorial on the forum with directions on how/where to enter a new checksum with the PV3/PVCX.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts