Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm pretty sure my ECU was updated with the GPS recall, as they had to reset my PIN. Today I tried hooking up my PV3 to read the ECU and the first screen that pops up says "last flash unsuccessful, restore ECU." I haven't tried to flash, so don't know why I am getting this message. I went to the main menu and tried to read the ECU and got the message "restore ECU first." @CraigB1960 need your help on this one. Should I just go ahead and restore? Thanks.

·
Bronze member
1,820 Posts
Your custom maps won't work after the ECU is updated by the dealer. You will need to start the process again where you download the PV info file from the bike and get it to Dynojet or Fuelmoto. They will send you a new map with the correct data checksum. I am almost 100% sure of this.

·
Bronze member
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, but I know this. As I stated, I can't even read the ECU as the PV3 is asking me to restore first.

·
Bronze member
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, talked with Jamie and got it figured out. Had to do restore. Will send file to FM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts