Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

PV3 Flash prior to Stage 1 upgrade

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Dean E 
#1 ·
Waiting on ordered parts to do Stage 1 upgrade on my 2021 RM Darkhorse but today I got a DynoJet PV 3 tuner that I had ordered. Has anyone done a download while everything is still stock air/exhaust and seen a benefit or is it better to wait until Stage 1 is complete in a couple of weeks?
DynoJet actually told me when I ordered my PV 3 that I could but curious if anyone has flashed prior to Stage 1 upgrade and then re-flashed after the upgrade was completed?
Apologies if this has been dealt with previously I tried to find posts discussing it and didn't see any.

#2 ·
I would have told you to purchase the PV3 from FuelMoto. You get unlimited map support from them when you get the PV3 from them. Many here have done flashes to their stock bikes and had good experiences. If you are planning to do stage 1 components I would suggest waiting till that is done before getting a map for your set up. Just remember adding a PV3 map could void your warranty. If you do stage 1 then make sure they flash your bike with the appropriate factory stage 1 flash then you will do the download of your .stk file for the base. Then if you need to go back for work at the service shop you can go back to the .stk load. I'm sure others will chime in here also. Dean

Reactions: EvilMonkey
#3 ·
Thanks Dean, I should've stated that I did buy it from Fuel Moto and they told me that they have downloads for stock bikes (I spoke to DynoJet and they said the same but I chose to buy it from Fuel Moto since cost was the same and they seem to have great reviews).
"Could" void warranty is interesting rather than will, what determines that? Looks like the 1st step with the PV3 is to connect and download the current .stk file for backup so it could be reloaded before going back in to get the stage 1? Thanks for the comments.

#7 ·
'Could Void your warranty' many have said in previous posts that if you are taking your bike in for a non engine related issue it's very unlikely that they will even know you have an aftermarket tune. But if you have engine problems or anything that required them to connect to the digital wrench there is the potential that they could say your tune caused it. I had the PV3 tune for stage 1 for about 3000 miles before getting stage 2. Prior to taking my bike in for stage 2 I flashed it back to the Indian stage1 tune, at that same time I had some warranty work done (Bike would not start in gear clutch in kickstand up). I know Indian office was involved because the tech had a hard time figuring out the cause. I never heard anything about my warranty being voided. Your millage may vary, but I know if I end up flashing with the FuelMoto stage 2, I will certainly flash it back to Indian stage 2 before I take it in for anything.

I'm not sure how Llyod's gets away with selling his cams and flashes, often on brand new showroom floor bikes. I'd be interested if anyone knows.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.