Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

PV3 Flash issue

5K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  rpsibew110 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a 2019 Dark Horse that I have been using with a tune from @CraigB1960 Craig since last summer. On Friday I took my bike to the dealer to have an oil change and to have the gear sensor recall replaced. After the work was done, I tried to re-flash Craig's tune to the bike but I am no longer able to do it. As soon as I connect the PV3 I get the following message:

"The connected ECU has been flashed with another tool and no longer contains the last file flashed by the Power Vision. This can occur when a dealer tool is connected to the ECU, when another Power Vision is used to flash the ECU or when a third party tool is used. Please visit Tunes.dynojet.com to download updated tunes or contact your dealer/ tuner then flash a new file to the ECU. Note: channel streaming will not function until the device has been flashed with a power vision tune."

I already updated the firmware to the PV3, reformatted it and re read the ECU and tried to again flash Craig's tune but when I go to flash tune, nothing is there.

Thank you guys for any info you can provide!

#12 ·
No, the PV3 is paired to the hardware portion of the ECU and cannot be unpaired unless Dynojet issues the key.

What changed is the Tune CMP/Checksum of the factory calibration, since the dealer updated his ECU to the newest factory calibration. It is a simple matter of converting the tune over to the current factory cal. This is done by sending me the new STK file by performing another READ ECU.

#11 ·
Just so everyone's aware. The new ECU update happens regardless because your system isn't compatitble with the new Digital Wrench software so it updates everything at the same time. In doing so the old tunes from Craig and FM have to be redone for the new system

#16 ·
The ECU’s are only updated if the factory calibration is changed meaning new ECU software. Many have had the gear position sensor replaced with custom tunes and the ECU was not flashed because the factory calibration had not changed.

Custom tunes retain the same factory checksum and calibration as the stock tune.

#13 ·
It's a nuisance when they change the checksum on a new series of tunes. It's something like a kid gets adopted and then the parents change the spelling of their surname so the kid has to have a new adoption certificate printed up to match the new spelling before he's allowed back in school.

It would be good for the PV3 to be able to read the new checksum and have a feature in PowerCore to update the number in the old tune.

#14 ·
It would be good for the PV3 to be able to read the new checksum and have a feature in PowerCore to update the number in the old tune.
That could be risky. If we had access to all the tables (all 4600 or so of them) then a conversion could be pretty effective....perhaps. However since we don't, it takes knowledge of which tables to copy over and which ones not to. For instance, the Drive By Wire tables have been enhanced on a lot of the newer Tune CMP/Checksum calibrations. You typically would not want to overwrite these tables with older values on the Drive Mode select models (2019 & 2020).

There are a number of tables in the Fuel section as well as the Speed Density that you do not want to "convert over" from the old files. To complicate it a little more, on the FTR-1200 you do want to copy over a table that you do not want to copy over on the TS111/TS116 models. How do I know, trial and error working with clients.

Artificial intelligence is not there yet to do a reasonable job of this conversion.

#20 ·
I had the Gear Position Switch service and they reflashed my ECU. So I read the ECU again on the PVCX to get the new factory tune and sent it to Craig with the tunes I was using before the factory update. He changed the tunes to match the new factory tune and now I have all my old tunes back and ma using them.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.