Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rider
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my bike back yesterday from the dealer and they did the recall and re-flashed the ECU and VCM.

I got my updated tune from CraigB and all is good but I am just curious as to why there are two .STK files on the PV3.

I don't remember there being two before. The old one was dated 12/312017 and the new one is dated 12/31/2019 and the new one has the same vehicle identifier but just has a _2 after it.

Should I delete the old .STK file? Anyone else notice this?

Kudos again to CraigB for a quick turn around. Wasn't expecting to have an updated tune until next week.

·
Rider
1,132 Posts
Just deleted my old .stk file last night. Got my new maps last night after dealer flashed my bike also.
But i had to reread the ecu. If you didn’t reread the ecu and still have 2 I’d ask Craig. Mine also say 12/31/19

·
Bronze member
3,971 Posts
Got my bike back yesterday from the dealer and they did the recall and re-flashed the ECU and VCM.

I got my updated tune from CraigB and all is good but I am just curious as to why there are two .STK files on the PV3.

I don't remember there being two before. The old one was dated 12/312017 and the new one is dated 12/31/2019 and the new one has the same vehicle identifier but just has a _2 after it.

Should I delete the old .STK file? Anyone else notice this?

Kudos again to CraigB for a quick turn around. Wasn't expecting to have an updated tune until next week.

When you re-read the ECU it puts the new STK file on it. The old one doesn't get erased.

·
Bronze member
2,166 Posts
Like the others said, if you haven't deleted the first, original STK file the PVCX will list 2 STK files after reading the ECU again. In my case the new STK file was very close in description, actually a few less digits in the beginning, but had the rest of the numbers the same. The whole GPS recall was actually a lot easier because the info here on this forum and especially CraigB's help.

·
Bronze member
5,089 Posts
My guess is that the file system in the PV3 reads the new file with the same name and adds the _2 to prevent over-writing the first one. You could probably delete the old one, or you could first copy it to your computer and archive it there in case there is something you might want to check later.

·
Rider
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for your replies. (y) Just wanted to confirm the old files stays. I will save it to my computer as suggested.

I appreciate all of your feedback on this issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts