Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my NEW PV-CX two weeks ago - and I find out today that the PV-CX discontinued - replaced by the fancy new PV3. On closer inspection of my PV-CX I realized why it was discontinued. I used to carry around my PV-CX in my front pocket or tape it to my forehead but no more. Any advice from anyone on the appropriate protective wear to use when reprogramming you ECU? I am done having kids so not so worried about my reproductive system.

fullsizeoutput_2f50.jpeg

The biggest shame about my obsolete PV-CX is I can't use it until the winter ends - which seems at least 6 weeks away.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
But for the record, nothing really changes regarding the tunes we are using. Both devices use the same tunes. Yes?

·
Silver member
5,030 Posts
California has that label on every product made along with every building built before sometime in the 2000s.

Thank you Govenor Ronald Reagan. That's how long that law has been around...

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Tune is the same, still tuning the same ECU the device itself has been updated. If your like me and used it to tune and put it in a box when done you won’t really know the difference.

·
Bronze member
2,207 Posts
Yay another bash California thread disguised as a performance part thread.....grandma bump the record player it's skipping again!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yay another bash California thread disguised as a performance part thread.....grandma bump the record player it's skipping again!
Too be fair - they should have also labeled the PV-CX as a choking hazard (if you can get it in your mouth) - that would be applicable in all states.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yea, California; legal weed, great weather, motorcycling paradise. You can always move to Iowa; The NO Fun State. I'm moving to the mountains of Colorado and leaving it all behind.

·
Administrator
15,470 Posts
I'm moving to the mountains of Colorado and leaving it all behind.
Welcome, neighbor!

Wait — we have great weather, legal weed, and fabulous motorcycle roads. And a far-left tilt.

Just like California!!

——————————————————————————————

Wait.... why’d you move here???

·
Registered
477 Posts
You got it Hink! Moving to Turkey Rock in Teller County. Maybe we can ride together sometime. Do you think a PVCX is a good choice for a stock 111? I have noticed the motor is a bit chuffy on the mountain passes.

·
Administrator
15,470 Posts
You got it Hink! Moving to Turkey Rock in Teller County. Maybe we can ride together sometime. Do you think a PVCX is a good choice for a stock 111? I have noticed the motor is a bit chuffy on the mountain passes.
Always happy to go for a ride — lotsa choices where you’re moving. Re PVCX (now PV3) people swear by em and it certainly couldn’t hurt. However, mine is stock and does just fine on the passes — no chuffing whatsoever. And Julie and I love burning the curves on our bikes on Hwy 67 between Pine and Woodland Park (which looks like its your closest major access road out of Turkey Rock).

Shoot me a PM when you want go burn some asphalt!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
+1 with Hink. I have no problems in the Colorado mountains. I am considering a PVCX but not really for power, Just a few tweaks I would like to do.

·
Rider
1,576 Posts
I had the dealer do my PCVX and it’s just sitting in the box now. I’ve not really had a chance to play around with the tune / tuner brand new bike so I want (OCD) to get past the first 500 before really trying to see what it does. And those motors when new are tight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts